Area Construction Manager
Position Title: Area Construction Manager
Department: Construction Services
As a top 10 U.S. homebuilder—and the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row—we know what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career.
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
Our mission of building, financing and insuring A Home For Every Dream™ is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
Position Summary: The Area Construction Manager manages and partners with the Division team of Construction Managers to ensure that the production of each community is progressing on schedule and within Century Communities’ strict quality guidelines for the on-time delivery of homes.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates and supervises all construction manager activities within a specific Division Area.
- Acts as a management resource for construction managers overseeing community construction, assisting them with activities/questions/issues around scheduling, budgeting, subcontractor management, timelines, etc.
- Directs all field personnel to achieve completion of the project on schedule, within budget and with quality workmanship that conforms to original plans and specifications.
- Maintains construction schedules for all area communities, identifies problems and provides solutions, with great emphasis on Cycle Time adherence.
- Overseeing the ordering of materials and follows up on inspections as necessary throughout the process.
- Executes house starts within prescribed budgets, validating work completion prior to vendor payment. Properly negotiate best value when Variance Purchase Orders (VPOs) are required, along with obtaining authorization for reporting manager for any indirect construction expenses required to manage the job site.
- Ensures compliance of development, architectural and engineering plans and specifications.
- Maintains positive relationships with Construction Managers, customers, contractors, suppliers, municipality inspectors, and employees. Handles all escalations as identified by the Construction & Assistant Construction Manager.
- Responsible for planning and directing work and appraising performance. Makes recommendations on promotions/transfers, salary actions, hiring, disciplinary discussions, and terminations.
- Promotes job site safety, encourages safe work practices and rectifies job site hazards immediately. Ensures job trailers are in compliance with the company's safety standards. Ensures all company employees and contractors are adhering to the company's safety policy.
- Maintains a clean and organized community to include- but not limited to- homes under construction, finished inventory homes, model homes, empty lots, common areas, and construction office.
- Oversees erosion control in conformance with SWPPP regulations.
- Eliant Customer Satisfaction- ensure high levels of satisfaction in Home Delivery, Overall Construction, and Workmanship Material categories, along with both timely home delivery and cleanliness.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Background:
- Knowledge of all applicable codes
- Knowledge of the issues of mold and mold remediation
- Knowledge of residential construction concepts and practices
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial reports
- Ability to read blueprints
- Ability to plan, organize, manage and supervise activities of direct reports
- Ability to analyze problems and recommend solutions
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with customers, contracted agencies and workers, other employees, supervisory personnel
- OSHA 10/30 Construction qualification preferred
Education and Experience:
- GED Required
- 5+ years' experience in high production residential or multi-family construction, managing both projects and people
- Previous experience working with a homebuilding scheduling software program required: Previous experience with BuildPro a huge plus!