Location: Greenwood Village, CO
Since our founding in 2002, Century Communities has become a top 10 U.S. public homebuilder, and in 2018 we were ranked 61st among the Fortune 100 Fastest-Growing Companies, and we’ve been the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row. How did we get here? By focusing on our buyers, working side by side with each one to build a home that achieves their goals and fulfills their dreams. To remain an
industry leader, we need passionate self-starters, changemakers and thoughtful collaborators. Just as our motto is A Home for Every Dream™, we’re committed to finding the right candidate for every dream job.
Our excellent benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and employer match, paid time off. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
Purpose: The Accountant coordinates accounting activities and assists in carrying out the responsibilities of the department. Prepares, analyzes, and interprets accounting records and financial reports.
- Review and post journal entries from staff accountants to ensure accuracy.
- Prepare cost of sales entries
- Perform variance/flux analysis
- Perform/review balance sheet reconciliations and research/resolve any differences
- Answer accounting and financial questions of division presidents by researching and interpreting data
- Prepare monthly financial statements
- Mentor junior team members
- Document and monitor internal controls in accordance with SOX 404
- Develop and implement accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures and recommending changes
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA is a plus
- 4+ years of corporate accounting experience
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Residential homebuilding / construction accounting experience preferred
- Knowledge of NewStar ERP is a plus
- Strong Excel / MS Office skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize workload
- Ability to think critically, analyze problems, and recommend solutions
- Highly detailed and organized
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively with different levels of employees
About the company: Working at Century Communities means building a career with a company driven by one simple objective: beautiful homes with lasting value, integrity, quality and service. As part of that mission, it also means support from a team dedicated to providing you with every opportunity for growth and success.