Location: Greenwood Village, CO
As a top 10 U.S. homebuilder—and the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row—we know what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career.
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
Our mission of building, financing and insuring A Home For Every Dream™ is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
Purpose: The Accountant coordinates accounting activities and assists in carrying out the responsibilities of the department. Prepares, analyzes, and interprets accounting records and financial reports.
- Review and post journal entries from staff accountants to ensure accuracy.
- Prepare cost of sales entries
- Perform variance/flux analysis
- Perform/review balance sheet reconciliations and research/resolve any differences
- Answer accounting and financial questions of division presidents by researching and interpreting data
- Prepare monthly financial statements
- Mentor junior team members
- Document and monitor internal controls in accordance with SOX 404
- Develop and implement accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures and recommending changes
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA is a plus
- 4+ years of corporate accounting experience
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Residential homebuilding / construction accounting experience preferred
- Knowledge of NewStar ERP is a plus
- Strong Excel / MS Office skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize workload
- Ability to think critically, analyze problems, and recommend solutions
- Highly detailed and organized
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively with different levels of employees
About the company: Working at Century Communities means building a career with a company driven by one simple objective: beautiful homes with lasting value, integrity, quality and service. As part of that mission, it also means support from a team dedicated to providing you with every opportunity for growth and success.