Closing Team Lead
Position Title: Closing Team Lead Department: Mortgage
Since our founding in 2002, we’ve become one of the top 10 public homebuilders in the U.S. In 2018, we were ranked 61st among the Fortune 100 Fastest-Growing Companies, and we’ve been the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row. Over the years, our organization has grown to include two homebuilding brands—operating as Century Communities and Century Complete—along with mortgage and insurance services through Inspire Home Loans and Parkway Title.
At Century Communities, our family of companies is driven by one simple objective: A Home For Every Dream™. As part of that mission, we’re dedicated to providing you with every opportunity for growth and success as you build a thriving career. That’s because we know that building, financing and insuring beautiful new homes for our buyers is only possible with the best talent in the industry.
Our excellent benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, vacation and sick leave. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
If you’re a passionate self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level, we’d love to hear from you!
Inspire Home Loans is seeking a Closing Team Lead who will direct, lead, and offer expertise to Loan Closers and Loan Closer Assistants. The successful applicant will have a minimum of 5 years of expertise in closing loans and creating TRID compliant Closing Disclosures, excellent attention to detail and a skilled approach to customer service with internal and external customers.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Mentor and coach team members and train new hires
- Back up Closers when needed; vacation, illness or higher than average volume
- Serve as the first escalation point for Closers
- Support Closers with complex loan troubleshooting
- Assist, and manage the team’s daily pipeline to ensure all loans have met the closing service standards; ensure all ICD’s, and docs are out timely and loans fund on time and reported as such
- Support for the National Closing Manager when they are unavailable or out of the office
- Collaborate with National Closing Manager and other departments to establish performance expectations, including monitoring quality assurance findings and timeliness of all facets of the closing workflow
- Develop new and innovative solutions to improve overall end to end cycle times and quality
- Assist in post-closing / investor reconciliations including PCCD’s
- Maintain a designated closer pipeline and complete all closing functions
- Other closing related assignments and special projects as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Background:
- FHA/VA, and Conventional product experience required, knowledge of bond products is a plus
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Demonstrate an outstanding level of customer service skill
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with branch, regional and corporate personnel, as well as third party vendors and closing agents
- Teamwork attitude, ability to work independently and “self-motivated”
- Available to work varying hours and overtime if needed
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Minimum 5 years loan closing experience
- 1 to 3 years supervisory experience or team lead experience is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer Knowledge: Microsoft Outlook & Windows, and Excel. Encompass experience, a plus