National Purchasing Coordinator - Atlanta
As a top 10 U.S. homebuilder—and the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row—we know what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career.
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
Our mission of building, financing and insuring A Home For Every Dream™ is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
The National Purchasing Coordinator works with our National Purchasing Team to assist all of Century’s purchasing departments across the company, ensuring timely and accurate purchasing/pricing information in our NewStar database.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
The National Purchasing Coordinator will provide the following support:
- Send out Price Schedules and track signatures.
- Where necessary, cancel existing purchase orders and reload the updated costs and reissue them.
- Make contract and purchase order updates as required/requested.
- Provide miscellaneous invoice help to purchasing teams, including but not limited to coding, processing, etc.
- Review and Generate POs and Reports for new home starts
- Make updates in NewStar for any Rebate program and/or National pricing changes.
- Update Vendor swaps/changes.
- Provide analysis on option take rate and margin percentages.
- Respond to calls/emails from subcontractors regarding contracts, field concerns, etc.
- Maintain a high level of ethics and integrity in all dealings.
- Maintain a personal time management system to facilitate organization and efficiency.
- Demonstrate good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
Knowledge/Skills and Experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Must have excellent organizational skills and be detail-oriented
- Strong abilities working with NewStar homebuilding software
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills: Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Strong organization & follow up skills
Education and Experience
- Bachelors in Supply Chain Management highly desirable: High School/GED required
- Experience with residential construction concepts and practices preferred