Land Acquisition Analyst - GA East
Position Title: Lot Acquisition Analyst
Since our founding in 2002, we’ve become one of the top 10 public homebuilders in the U.S. In 2018, we were ranked 61st among the Fortune 100 Fastest-Growing Companies, and we’ve been the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row. Over the years, our organization has grown to include two homebuilding brands—operating as Century Communities and Century Complete—along with mortgage and insurance services through Inspire Home Loans and Parkway Title.
At Century Communities, our family of companies is driven by one simple objective: A Home For Every Dream™. As part of that mission, we’re dedicated to providing you with every opportunity for growth and success as you build a thriving career. That’s because we know that building, financing and insuring beautiful new homes for our buyers is only possible with the best talent in the industry.
Our excellent benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, vacation and sick leave. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
If you’re a passionate self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level, we’d love to hear from you!
The Lot Acquisition Analyst assists with identifying new land acquisition opportunities that align with the land strategy and business plan goals of the division. Conduct research, provide analysis, and manage land data for the purposes of maximizing the profit of proposed land assets.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for ensuring land transactions close on time.
- Coordinates and tracks the status of efforts across Seller, Corporate, Region and Division teams.
- Prepares all required documentation and secures internal approvals for funding of the transaction.
- Communicates with Division and Region team to secure the required building permits and vertical construction budgets prior to closing.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to close on transactions early.
- Support Regional and Divisional teams in analyzing land prospects.
- Extract & analyze data from a variety of sources including the MLS, company databases, Metrostudy, LandVision, Zonda, and other external websites.
- Prepare market study data to be included into presentations.
- Review and analyze due diligence information for potential investments
- Prepare pre-acquisition investment briefs and related support material.
- With the guidance of Land Acquisition leadership, help prepare detailed business plans for future developments, with emphasis on the market data aspect, with relevant support data for submittal to Corporate Land Committee to seek approval of new real estate transactions.
- Create and maintain a tracking system for HOA involvement.
- Understand basic HOA obligations and effects on the property.
- Communicate with 3rd party HOA managers.
AD HOC PROJECTS
- Assist Land Acquisition leadership with ad hoc projects as needed.
- Assist the Land Acquisition team in preparing the market studies for potential growth markets.
- Compile data and present to the corporate team.
Skills / Experience
- A background in real estate or market research is desired and professional knowledge of the home-building and land brokerage industry is highly preferred.
- Must be proficient in MS Office, especially Word and Excel, with exposure to GIS helpful.
- Must be self-motivated and organized.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills are a must.
- Proven ability to multi-task required.
- Strong desire to work in land acquisition