Position Title: Escrow Assistant Department: Title/Escrow
As the proud affiliate title company of Century Communities— a top 10 U.S. homebuilder and the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row—Parkway Title knows what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career.
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
Our mission of insuring A Home For Every Dream™ is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
Parkway Title (a Century Communities, Inc company) is currently seeking an experience Escrow Assistant to join our team in the Orlando, FL office. The qualified individual will need 1-2 years of escrow experience, preferably in a builder environment.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Must have knowledge of escrow assistant processes and able to maintain escrow process from beginning to end as directed by the escrow officer or manager.
- Knowledge of and responsible for assisting with the preparation of the Closing Disclosures, and/or ATLA Settlement Statements per client requirements and CFPB/TRID and RESPA guidelines
- Thoroughly review documents such as survey’s, sale purchase contracts, preliminary title reports and lenders instructions/loan documents, legal descriptions etc.
- Ability to effectively assist with a large pipeline while maintaining time frame requirements along with continuous communication and updating with builder coordinator, buyers, lenders and realtors
- Assist in the preparation of title/escrow company documents for closings and assuring accuracy
- Complete closing and funding process by obtaining funding number, copying closing package for buyers/ realtors, disbursement of funds to all parties via wire or check, preparing and FedEx lender package.
- Filing recordable documents via e-recording, sending file for title policy preparation
- Assist manager with other tasks as assigned
- Excellent phone and customer service skills required.
- Exceptional verbal and written skills.
- Must possess multitasking skills, be extremely organized and detailed oriented.
- Prior experience working in a fast-paced environment with heavy volume.
- Be able to develop and maintain strong, positive working relationships with internal peers and external business partners.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
- 1-2 years experience as an Escrow Assistant or Jr. Escrow Officer.
- Active Notary, preferred
- Prior builder unit escrow experience, a definite plus.
- Knowledge of Title industry software, SoftPro a plus.