Position Title: Escrow Assistant Department: Title/Escrow
Since our founding in 2002, we’ve become one of the top 10 public homebuilders in the U.S. In 2018, we were ranked 61st among the Fortune 100 Fastest-Growing Companies, and we’ve been the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row. Over the years, our organization has grown to include two homebuilding brands—operating as Century Communities and Century Complete—along with mortgage and insurance services through Inspire Home Loans and Parkway Title.
At Century Communities, our family of companies is driven by one simple objective: A Home For Every Dream™. As part of that mission, we’re dedicated to providing you with every opportunity for growth and success as you build a thriving career. That’s because we know that building, financing and insuring beautiful new homes for our buyers is only possible with the best talent in the industry.
Our excellent benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, vacation and sick leave. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
If you’re a passionate self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level, we’d love to hear from you!
Parkway Title (a Century Communities, Inc company) is currently seeking an experience Escrow Assistant to join our team in the Orlando, FL office. The qualified individual will need 1-2 years of escrow experience, preferably in a builder environment.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Must have knowledge of escrow assistant processes and able to maintain escrow process from beginning to end as directed by the escrow officer or manager.
- Knowledge of and responsible for assisting with the preparation of the Closing Disclosures, and/or ATLA Settlement Statements per client requirements and CFPB/TRID and RESPA guidelines
- Thoroughly review documents such as survey’s, sale purchase contracts, preliminary title reports and lenders instructions/loan documents, legal descriptions etc.
- Ability to effectively assist with a large pipeline while maintaining time frame requirements along with continuous communication and updating with builder coordinator, buyers, lenders and realtors
- Assist in the preparation of title/escrow company documents for closings and assuring accuracy
- Complete closing and funding process by obtaining funding number, copying closing package for buyers/ realtors, disbursement of funds to all parties via wire or check, preparing and FedEx lender package.
- Filing recordable documents via e-recording, sending file for title policy preparation
- Assist manager with other tasks as assigned
- Excellent phone and customer service skills required.
- Exceptional verbal and written skills.
- Must possess multitasking skills, be extremely organized and detailed oriented.
- Prior experience working in a fast-paced environment with heavy volume.
- Be able to develop and maintain strong, positive working relationships with internal peers and external business partners.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
- 1-2 years experience as an Escrow Assistant or Jr. Escrow Officer.
- Active Notary, preferred
- Prior builder unit escrow experience, a definite plus.
- Knowledge of Title industry software, SoftPro a plus.