Forward Planning and Entitlement Manager
About Century Communities
As a top 10 U.S. homebuilder—and the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row—we know what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career.
Benefits We Offer
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
We Hire The Best
Our mission of building, financing and insuring A Home For Every Dream™ is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
What You’ll Do:
As a Forward Planning & Entitlement Manager working for Century Communities, you will be responsible for leading the community planning process, including due diligence for acquisitions, site planning, lot layout, landscaping, project theming, monuments, open space, utility design and processing, FEMA processing, ACOE processing, municipal coordination, etc. through collaboration with Division operations.
You will be responsible for the entitlement of projects, including zoning approvals, development agreements, architectural approvals, preliminary and final plats, civil construction plans, development permits, landscape plans, and utility company designs.
Your Key Responsibilities Include:
- Perform as lead contact for due diligence.
- Oversee projects from the sketch plan to the entitlement process for the Division land acquisitions.
- Research approvals, permits, zoning, engineering plans, improvement estimates, off-site improvements/contributions, soils/geology, wetlands, utilities, and building costs for raw land for new home communities.
- Develop and maintain positive, professional relationships with officials and employees of municipalities and agencies with jurisdictional control over Division land acquisitions.
- Review and evaluate civil development plans for cost and time savings.
- Responsible for the creation of lots fits per Division standards.
- Review construction house location plans to ensure accuracy against lot fits.
- Assist with preparation of the Land Development schedules in MS Project.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
What You Have:
- Ability to read improvement plans, formulate budgets and understand accounting principles.
- Effective in completing the job responsibilities with minimal outside supervision and direction.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Strong organizational, planning, and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledgeable in computer programs.
Your Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Land Planning, Civil Engineering, Surveying, or a related field.
- A minimum of two years of experience in the home building industry.