Division Manager - Columbia, SC
Position Title: Division Manager
A pioneer in online and affordable homebuying, Century Complete knows what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities, and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career. We’re also a proud Century Communities company, one of the top 10 homebuilders in the U.S. and the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row.
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
Century Complete believes everyone should be able to achieve the dream of homeownership. That’s why we offer more home for less money through our industry-leading online “Buy Now” process, providing cost-saving efficiencies that help first-time homebuyers break the rent cycle, while maintaining the same quality craftsmanship and attention to detail that buyers expect from a Century Communities company. As we lead the way in bringing this groundbreaking process to new markets, we’re proud to make homeownership accessible to even more aspiring homebuyers across the country.
We understand that our mission of building, financing, and insuring more home for less money is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
The Division Manager (DM) manages superintendents, customer service managers and permit coordinators. Owns and manages the production planning of the Division to meet Plan deliveries. Ensures construction adherence, quality, safety is performed on all homes within the Division. Conducts weekly meetings with staff to ensure construction, sales and closings are progressing as scheduled. Spot checks neighborhoods to ensure compliance in all designated categories of focus per company guidelines and maintains a proper subcontractor base.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Recruits and trains construction managers within their division to meet the strategic business plan.
- Ensures timely delivery of building permits prior to lot close
- Ensures all preconstruction timelines are maintained to provide the construction team an on-time start at every lot purchase
- Generate and review daily, weekly, monthly, and annual reports reflecting the results of the division and assesses areas of improvement or focus as needed. I.E. backlog review, even flow forecasting, BuildPro deliveries, etc.
- Inspects neighborhoods and homes weekly as part of a routine inspection process to ensure cleanliness, quality, safety, and schedule adherence are held to the company’s standards
- Weekly meetings with division staff to ensure accurate home closing dates are established and are achieved per the business plan.
- Trains division construction managers as new staff is onboarded and in monthly construction meetings on safety and technical topics.
- Ensures a proper subcontractor assignment to deliver schedule adherence, quality, and safety.
- Ensures timely completion of outstanding customer service requests and maintains a high level of customer service satisfaction.
Knowledge, Skills and Background:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- People skills to handle conflict articulately and professionally with customers, building inspectors, and trade contractors.
- Minimum of 2 years prior management position in Residential Construction Industry.
- Minimum 5 years within construction industry, preferably production experience in first time home buyer segment
- In depth knowledge of technical construction materials and methods
- Ability to design & implement new training modules for builders & subcontractors within the division
- Aptitude to run and review reports and pinpoint areas of need that align with company initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent certification, accreditation, or job experience