Quality Assurance (QA) Technician
Want to see more? Find all job opportunities for both BioFire and bioMérieux worldwide by clicking here.
The Quality Assurance (QA) department provides Quality support across various company departments. The department is organized into distinct subunits, consisting of Metrology, Calibration & Preventive Maintenance, Document Control, Reagent Quality, Instrument Quality, Servicing Quality, and Incoming Material QC.
This is an entry-level position. Depending on the sub-unit, this individual may review quality records, inspect manufactured products and raw materials, perform calibration and preventive maintenance on tools and equipment, and/or maintain Quality system documents. Timely and accurate work is expected. This position regularly interacts and collaborates with other departments within the company.
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of its Quality System.
- Responsible for reviewing, assessing and monitoring process and product to ensure compliance to requirements.
- May contribute to other Quality Assurance subunits that are outside of their primary Quality Assurance subunit, as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned to the primary subunit assigned
Studies and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Minimum 1-yearprevious on-the-job experience requiring professional communication and interactions utilizing skills outlined below.
- Experience in Quality Assurance or Quality Control, laboratory or life science manufacturing setting that has a formal quality system is preferred.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of good manufacturing practices, ISO 9001, ISO 13485, and/or 21 CFR 820 is preferred
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office tools, including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- General computer operation
- Attention to detail is fundamental to this position.
- Ability to accurately follow written and verbal instructions.
- Organization skills as needed to maintain paperwork and task schedule.
- Proficiency in internet navigation
- Basic math proficiency
- Must be able to lift at least 25 lbs and may be required to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to sit or stand for moderate amounts of time and look at computer monitors for an extended amount of time with or without accommodation. Must be able to travel (if necessary).
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).