Field Application Specialist I - New England
Want to see more? Find all job opportunities for both BioFire and bioMérieux worldwide by clicking here.
Provides field application support to bioMérieux customers inclusive of system installations & associated upgrades, initial and secondary customer training, field technical troubleshooting in support of bioMérieux Technical Support staff and assay add-ons for existing customers. Works closely with Sales Managers ensuring customers receive prompt, accurate and professional support to further their business needs. The FAS will work closely with Customer Support, along with the various production and/or R&D departments in the investigation and resolution of customer issues. In order to stay current with bioMérieux products, the FAS will play an active role in product evaluations and testing at product transfer.
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of bioMérieux Quality System.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers
- Support new customers with initial installation and training on purchased equipment.
- Support existing customers with additional training and technical assistance as needed or as product enhancements are launched that require additional training.
- Travel up to 80% to interface with customers, attend trade shows, and demonstrate products.
- Work with direct sales team and distribution partners to increase sales through successful demonstrations of products.
- Provide feedback to marketing managers targeted at improving the overall product offering.
- Track all activity in current CRM tool.
- Respond promptly and accurately to technical support calls or emails as requested by Technical Support function.
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of bioMérieux’s Quality System.
- Perform basic service applications and LIS interfacing.
- Performs basic installation, troubleshooting and repairs with assistance of hardware, software, and customer data analysis platforms.
Studies and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a life science or equivalent discipline.
- 2 years of related experience in a laboratory or clinical setting. Candidates with related technical field applications support are strongly preferred.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 1 (+) years of laboratory experience.
- Experience with guidelines with CLIA regulations and/or additional laboratory crediting agencies. (recommended)
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively.
- Strong follow-up skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively with customers.
- Must be highly skilled at communication both written and verbal and should be able to interact with a variety of scientific levels from novice to expert.
- Should be able to lift and maneuver up to 60 lbs.
- Extensive travel up to 80%.
- Should be able to handle the physical stress of frequent travel.
- This position requires successful completion of background checks, drug screens, and other such consumer reports as necessary for vendor credentialing purposes.
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).