Want to see more? Find all job opportunities for both BioFire and bioMérieux worldwide by clicking here.
At BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. we make the world a healthier place by providing molecular solutions that lessen the time to medical results and empower healthcare professionals to make better diagnostic decisions.
We are proud to be part of the bioMérieux family and the 5,000+ team members across 12 sites and subsidiaries in North America committed to our mission to help save lives around the globe through the power of diagnostics.
Come be a part of our team and our mission as an IS Business Analyst Intern!
The IS Business Analyst Intern will be part of the IS Release Management team and participate in writing project documentation, managing small project and perform support activities related to our application solutions. This will require the candidate to work with internal teams and develop strong relationships with groups throughout the department.
The Analyst should be familiar with software development processes and be aware of different systems that could be used in the development process. Also, the Analyst will learn how our projects provide value to the organization. During the internship, the Analyst will learn IT principles, documentation processes and standards that help in the research, design, test and debugging of applications. Their work will involve adhering to strategies, policies, and standards associated with our Release Management process.
To excel in this role, you should have a detailed mindset and be able to understand technical concepts and industry regulations. Your ability to work as part of a team, utilizing effective time management, effectively document processes, be organized in your work, and communicate effectively will lead you to success in this position.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Perform all work in compliance with company standards, policies and guidelines related to the BioFire’s Release Management team.
- Understand BioFire’s technical and scientific mission and learn technical and functional components of BioFire Diagnostics.
- Participate and collaborate with various teams in the department.
- Support teams through the different phases of the project life cycle and Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Work with department teams to gain an understanding of their needs and contribute to solutions that meet their Release Management goals/objectives.
- Create technical documentation and process documentation.
- Complete work activities for other projects as assigned and work with minimal supervision in a remote environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Training and Education:
- Requires at least three years of course work towards a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Information Systems, Software Development, English, or related degree and actively enrolled in a university program.
- May also be an advanced degree/MBA candidate.
- 1+ year(s) of work experience in information technology, customer service, documentation or professional office setting preferred, with a successful record of accomplishing assigned activities.
- Medical industry knowledge is helpful.
- Ability to understand system application and infrastructure terms and processes, along with how they relate to the business processes.
- Understand software development best practices.
- Attention to detail, with an emphasis on accuracy and completeness.
- Ability to communicate effectively, including strong writing skills.
- Able to complete objectives with little supervision.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and familiarity with flow chart software.
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).