Cost Accountant I
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is looking to add a Cost Accountant to our growing Finance and Accounting team! This Cost Accountant is responsible for assisting with the planning, implementation and maintenance of the cost accounting system. Major responsibilities include accurate and timely analysis, as well as contributing to reporting and compliance activities.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BioFire Diagnostics’ Quality System.
- Monitor inventory activities from purchase of raw material through the production process to finished goods.
- Assist with tracking and reporting scrap and supply expense.
- Support cost system development and associated internal controls.
- Assist with preparing the monthly, quarterly and year-end close, prepares related reports and presentations and meets reporting deadlines.
- Coordinates integration of cost accounting system with other company accounting and administrative systems.
- Assists with daily manufacturing transactional review.
- Assists with Master Data Management.
- Assists with review and analysis of closed process orders.
- Performs low complexity analysis at general ledger and cost center level.
- Performs other general accounting and administrative tasks as required.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
Training & Education: Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field.
Experience: 1 year of experience in budgeting and cost accounting. Familiarity with master data management (MDM).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Basic knowledge of Cost Accounting systems and best practices. Proficient at Microsoft Office. Strong internal customer service skills. Time management skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Physical Requirements: May be required to lift boxes containing documents weighing about 50lbs. Employee must also have a valid driver’s license as driving may be required.
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at email@example.com, or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).