Instrument Development - Mechanical Engineer I/II
Want to see more? Find all job opportunities for both BioFire and bioMérieux worldwide by clicking here.
This engineer works within a project team – generally under the leadership of a more experienced individual (e.g. senior/principal engineer, systems engineer, and/or project manager). This engineer uses experience and education to perform the types of engineering activities which are generally considered within the realm of mechanical engineering and any other expertise that might be held by this particular individual. This engineer is expected to work and communicate well with other team members and leadership as assigned in order to meet the goals of the project, the department, and the company.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- General: uses experience and education to perform the types of engineering activities which are generally considered within the realm of mechanical engineering.
- Description: Uses engineering concepts, company SOPs/WIDs, department SOPs/WIDs to solve a variety of difficult engineering problems across functional groups and disciplines.
- Works on: problems of moderate scope and complexity. Generally works on a team with other engineers.
- Influence: receives some oversight from a Senior or Principal Engineer, eligible to be a discipline lead on a project, may provide mentoring for other engineers, and may provide limited department management and leadership.
- Compliance: Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BioFire Diagnostics Quality System.
Makes design and technical decisions subject to review by Senior, Principal, and other engineers.
- Travel: minimal travel required.
- Team: usually works on a team with several engineers and a project manager.
Training and Education: B.S. in Engineering or Equivalent
- 0 to 5 years of experience in related field, including performance consistent with said experience.
- Experience with the following is preferred:
- Medical device design and testing
- Design for production
- Plastics Design
- Optical Mounts/Optics
- Sheet metal design
- Heat transfer
- Molding processes
- Materials (e.g. plastics, aluminum, copper, steel, etc.)
- Machining (esp. CNC)
Physical Requirements: Able to safely lift 50 pounds.
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).