Licensed Veterinary Technician (Emergency) - Pilchuck Veterinary Hospital
$2,500 SIGN ON BONUS!!!
Pilchuck Animal Hospital is hiring a Licensed Veterinary Technician to join our Small Animal Emergency team!
- is outgoing and friendly
- possesses excellent communication skills
- has veterinary experience, although new graduates will be considered
- is willing to work swing shifts and/or overnights and holidays
- Is a Licensed Veterinary Technician
Why work at Pilchuck Veterinary Hospital?
We are a 24-hour general and emergency service small animal practice in Snohomish, WA. Members of our experienced veterinary emergency team are available around the clock to help our clients when their pets are in need of emergency care. At Pilchuck Veterinary Hospital, our experienced, caring doctors and support staff are animal lovers our clients can trust with their pet’s care.
Our Veterinary Technicians are responsible for the care and treatment of unstable and or critically ill patients, triaging emergency patients, monitoring hospitalized patients, performing patient laboratory tests, treatments and nursing care, admitting and discharging patients, client communication and education, and answering technician calls. Some shifts entail working swing shifts.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of basic veterinary practices, procedures, and terminology
- Ability to appropriately handle, lift and restrain animals (dogs, cats, pocket pets, etc.) and stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to perform veterinary medical procedures (i.e. venipuncture, radiology, IV catheter placement, drug calculations, administer medications & fluids, and assess & triage patients).
- Have basic organizational and computer skills as well as good technician skills.
- Must be willing to work weekends and holidays.
Apply Today! We look forward to hearing from you!