Ashoka Switzerland - Communication & Partnership intern
Ashoka Switzerland - Communication & Partnership Intern
Ashoka is on an audacious mission – to create a world where everyone is a changemaker i.e. a world where everyone has the agency and skills to make a positive change in their families or communities. It is only in such a world where the solutions will outrun our social problems. Ashoka is the largest global network of leading social entrepreneurs - men and women with system changing solutions for the world's most important social challenges. Since 1980, Ashoka has elected 3800+ innovative social entrepreneurs as Ashoka Fellows, providing them with professional and financial support as well as access to a global network of peers and relevant actors in more than 90 countries. Together with them, Ashoka develops new models for collaboration and co-creates ecosystems needed to advance the field of social entrepreneurship and the citizen sector. For more information on Ashoka please visit www.ashoka.org
About the role
Ashoka Switzerland is looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic intern to join its team, a person with a proven commitment to social change and a solid understanding of social innovation. The intern will contribute to further develop Ashoka’s programs and partnerships in Switzerland and worldwide and handle the team’s external communication and events.
The successful candidate will have strong organizational, time management and multitasking skills, and will be self-motivated as well as a strong team player. This is a great opportunity to experience working in the not-for-profit / social entrepreneurship sector and take on considerable responsibilities.
Support to fundraising and partnership development (60%)
- Conduct desk research
- Contribute to writing proposals for new partnerships, preparation and creation of pitch materials
- Manage contacts and leads database
Communication and stakeholders’ engagement (25%)
- Manage Ashoka Switzerland’s website: audience and outreach analytics, support with content calendar and production, copywriting, storytelling and editing
- Manage social media: LinkedIn
- Manage Swiss community and ecosystem database and keep up to date
- Support Ashoka’s community engagement by producing content on different medias (WhatsApp …), enhancing Ashoka Global’s newsletter
- Support outreach to Ashoka’s various ecosystems
Event Management (10%)
- Manage guest lists and invitations
- Coordinate logistics of events
- Prepare material for events: invitation, reminder, possible visuals, and others
- Support organisation and logistics for our annual retreat end of September
Required skills and experience
- Strong interest in and good understanding of social entrepreneurship / social innovation / philanthropy
- Must qualify for an internship with a signed convention from a university
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent time management and multitasking skills. Experience in project management is a plus
- Able to work on own initiative and under minimal supervision as well as in international teams
- Strong relationship skills: ability to interact clearly and efficiently with diverse audiences including high-level executives from the business and the social sector in different countries
- Strong writing skills
- Proficient with Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficient in English, and fluent in French and/or German. Swiss German would be a significant asset.
- Motivation and enthusiasm!
Ashoka has a rigorous screening process for hiring staff at all career stages. All applicants for all positions must possess the following qualities along with the appropriate degree of experience:
- Entrepreneurship/Intrapreneurship: compelled to take creative initiative and ownership
- Emotional and social intelligence: ability to work efficiently and respectfully in teams, putting organizational/team goal first (personal glory second).
- Ethical fibre: exceptionally strong ethical behaviour, self-reflectiveness, and strong empathy skills, trustworthy.
- Self-definition: the candidate expects that changing the world in big ways and on a continental scale is what he/she will do in life.
Reports to: Ashoka Switzerland Director
Contract type: Internship in the context of studies
Time commitment: part-time (20h) *, 6-12 months internship
Location: Geneva or Zurich (split between home office and presence to office possible)
Start date: 10/04/2023
Salary: 625.00 CHF per month for a 20h/week
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Switzerland to apply for this job