Power BI Developer
The Business Intelligence - Senior Developer is responsible for technical implementation of current and future data warehouse, business intelligence solutions and data migration strategies using Microsoft BI stack.
- Implement new business intelligence and data warehouse requirements using SQL, ETL, business intelligence tools, and database programming and reporting tools
- Meet with customer, business, and technical leaders to identify and scope business opportunities, document and vet business requirements, identify effective reporting techniques, identify the best data sources for each report field, identify risks and constraints, and design reporting formats
- Develop, implement, and maintain ETL (extract, transform, and load) solutions to bring new data into the data warehouse
- Develop optimized database design to achieve acceptable performance by tuning view, tables, and indexes for proper response times
- Develop new capabilities and architectures that capitalize on the development of client portal, and ad-hoc BI capabilities
- Full life-cycle development and maintenance of data warehouse, ETL, and business intelligence solutions
- Data analyst skills to determine root cause problems for data integrity and data quality issues identified through QA or by business report owners
- Provide guidance and recommendations on BI reporting packages
- Develop ETL Packages using Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services
- Implementation & Maintenance of Data Warehouse & Cube.
- Optimize the ETL Packages
- Analyze system issues reported by users and present workable solutions
- Deploy ETL Packages/Cubes on Development/Test environment, and provide deployment instruction for further deployment on production
- Plan and oversee the design, build, and testing of system environments and related interfaces
- Supervise staff and perform tasks associated with managing a development and support team
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution design and related code
- Provide technical leadership that allows the team to enrich their technical skills, knowledge, methods, and development toolsets
- Create unit test cases and unit test plans; execute unit testing
- Mentor and train technical and non-technical team members
We are seeking candidates with the following experience and skills
- 6+ years of hands on experience implementing business intelligence solutions using Microsoft BI stack
- Strong SSRS, SSIS and SSAS skills
- Strong TSQL and MDX query writing skills
- Experience working with PowerBI or Dundas is preferred
- Strong customer service orientation
- Analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Logical, efficient, and proactive
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Comfortable with ambiguity, possess the ability to adapt quickly and easily, and possess the ability to analyze complex problems and move them to resolution
- Background and style that elicits respect in the organization through style of engagement, technical depth, customer service and results
- Positive attitude and ability to build strong relationships within the company and with external partners
- Very strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Skills : SSRS, SSIS, TSQL, SSAS, MDX Query Writing Skills
As a rapidly growing global provider of IT solutions, we’ve expanded from Seattle to Sydney, Dallas to New Delhi and beyond – with reach in over 80 countries around the world. Today’s top brands count on Zones and our world-class partners – Microsoft, Apple, Cisco, Dell, Lenovo, and more – to transform their enterprises. Headquartered in New Delhi and backed by the Zones Global Team, Zones India offers customized IT solutions and professional services to multinational organizations conducting business in the country.
Zones offers a comprehensive Benefits package
While we’re committed to providing top-tier solutions, we’re just as committed to supporting our own team. Our employees enjoy a variety of comprehensive benefits, paid time off, and much more. And as a Minority Business Enterprise, a Corporate Plus member of the Northwest Minority Supplier Development Council, and an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, our community is just as diverse.
At Zones, work is more than a job – it's an exciting career immersed in an inventive, collaborative culture. If you’re interested in working on the cutting edge of IT innovation, sales, engineering, operations, administration, and more, Zones is the place for you!