Financial Systems Lead
Envestnet is seeking a passionate and talented Financial Systems Lead to join our Finance team. This position is expected to report to our Denver office.
Envestnet is transforming the way financial advice and wellness are delivered. Our mission is to empower advisors and financial service providers with innovative technology, solutions, and intelligence to make financial wellness a reality for everyone.
Since our founding 20 years ago, we are fully vested in helping people live an intelligent financial life. If you love the idea of working in a Fintech company with the environment and excitement of a start-up where you are making everyday impact - then read on.
This role functions as an essential financial systems analyst and leader combining deep functional and business understanding across a portfolio of standard corporate systems with extensive technical acumen. The successful candidate brings with them a wealth of cross technical/functional experience in analysis, problem resolution, implementation, support and project leadership roles involving financial systems. Reporting to the VP of Financial Systems, the position has responsibility for supporting the existing applications environment as well as being a key element in the application transformation initiatives currently underway at Envestnet.
- System Administration and support including but not limited to:
- Master data maintenance to support business changes
- User access
- Functional and technical system configuration
- Integration configuration
- Integration log monitoring & failure resolution
- Issue logging and resolution
- Execution of system admin responsibilities in adherence with SOX controls
- Functional and technical business analysis
- Problem identification
- Requirements gathering
- Development of functional and technical specifications
- Testing design
- Rollout strategy
- Change Management and Systems Implementation
- Liaison with the business users, other application teams and IT to understand initiatives, dependencies and necessary coordination
- Request Logs maintenance
- Provide leadership in initiatives and drive priority change request items to closure
- Review/evaluate monthly & quarterly Oracle Cloud Releases
- Review/evaluate quarterly Intacct Releases (until migrated to Oracle Cloud)
- Coordinate testing for new releases and changes
- Data conversion including ETL and data validation
- Learn & utilize the various application delivered reporting tools
- Define reporting requirements
- Modify/clone existing reports
- Design and/or develop new reports
- Design, execution and testing of application IT/Systems controls
- Support for business controls
- General Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Collaborates with team members and user community on resolution of more complex issues
- Works as a team player within a project initiative, and able to execute assigned tasks as required for the successful progression and completion of the project
- Works with outside vendors to support projects as needed
- Independent learning to enhance knowledge and understanding of applications and technology
- Provides status updates to management and customers
- Openly shares knowledge and effectively responds to requests for information on specific issues/problems within the organization
- Effectively utilizes support tracking and knowledge base systems
- Makes recommendations to improve business processes and methodologies
- Effectively understands and communicates Company policy and practices
- Responsible for performing duties in adherence to company SOX controls and related policies
- Adherence to and application of Envestnet legal, compliance, risk, business continuity and administrative policy within the role and department(s) including the timely completion of training & awareness, affirmations and testing as requested.
- As part of the responsibilities for this role, you will understand and readily support Envestnet's established corporate business practices, policies, internal controls and procedures designed to create value or minimize risk.
- 5-7 years functional and technical business analysis experience preferably in ERP or other financial systems
- 3-5 years financial systems implementation as systems analyst performing both functional and technical tasks
- 3-5 years data conversion experience including mapping data, ETL and validation
- 5-7 years of increasing responsibility in a customer-facing support and/or implementation capacity
- 5 years supporting and/or implementing SaaS software solutions
- 5 years experience with various integration methodologies for both on-prem and SaaS software
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Finance, Accounting, IT or related field from four-year college or university; and two to five years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Working knowledge of SQL and database architecture
- Knowledge/experience with systems architecture, data modeling and IT Best Practices
- Working knowledge of accounting practices
- Strong analytical, diagnostic and problem-solving skills demonstrated by the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Demonstrated self-learning capabilities
- Effectively works both as a team participant and as an individual contributor
- Proven ability to take responsibility for one’s role and ability to approach work with a sense of ownership
- Approaches job with enthusiasm from all aspects and able to work in a fluid and fast-paced environment
- Prior systems analyst responsibilities for a Tier-1 ERP (Oracle Cloud Fusion, Oracle eBusiness, SAP, PeopleSoft)
- Certifications/training in cloud technology, Microsoft O365 tools, modern development platforms
- Project Management/Agile project delivery
Envestnet is a leading independent provider of technology‐enabled investment and practice management solutions to financial advisors who are independent, as well as those who are associated with small or mid‐sized financial advisory firms and larger financial institutions. Envestnet's technology is focused on addressing financial advisors' front, middle, and back‐office needs while leveraging our platform to grow their businesses and expand client relationships.
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package as well as the excitement, challenges, and rewards of a fast-growing, entrepreneurial company.
Why Choose Envestnet:
- Be a member of a leading financial services and products innovation company
- Competitive Compensation/Total Reward Packages that include:
- Health Benefits (Health/Dental/Vision)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- 401K – Company Match
- Annual Bonus Incentives
- Parental Stipend
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Debt Program
- Charitable match
- Wellness Program
- Work on global projects with diverse, energetic, team members who respect each other and celebrate differences
The annual base salary range for this position is $88,000 to $130,000.
Envestnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Envestnet refers to the family of operating subsidiaries of the public holding company, Envestnet, Inc. (NYSE: ENV).