Resource and Planning Manager
The Resource and Planning Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, and controlling production to ensure that goods are produced efficiently, on time, within budget and to company quality standards. The production manager is involved in both the pre-production (planning) stage as well as the production (tracking and quality control) stage. The Resource and Planning Manager is responsible for aligning production activities to the company’s vision and executing plans to achieve company objectives.
- Manage production team members and resources to ensure required skills and training are acquired and retained contributing to production team success.
- Oversee production scheduling and planning to ensure on time delivery while minimizing operational expenses.
- Guide production supervisor in establishing human capital requirements and evaluation.
- Manage capital equipment requirements to meet company goals including new technology exploration, capability evaluations, costing, and acquisition.
- Work with supply chain to resolve production issues impacting material forecasting and availability.
- Leverage production data, reviewing the information and use it to draw conclusions that may help determine ways to change procedures or improve business operations.
- Ensure standard operating procedures are established, maintained, and followed.
- Develop, implement, and ensure adherence to a quality assurance program.
- Monitor quality initiatives and production processes for continuous improvements.
- Participate in setting operational budgets and controlling operational expenses.
- Establish, maintain, and present operational KPIs and reports.
- Create, maintain, and ensure integrity of engineering drawings, bills of materials, and other production instructions.
- Develop comprehensive training program to meet long term production objectives, including equipment, product, process, and employee improvement training.
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of the Software Development processes.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent proven experience in production management
- knowledge and experience in production and manufacturing processes and techniques
- knowledge of quality control programs
- knowledge of business, finance and management principles
- knowledge of human resource principles and practices
- knowledge of engineering and technology principles and practices
- extensive computer skills
- critical thinking and problem solving skills
- planning and organizing
- co-ordination and control
- time management
- attention to detail
- communication skills
- influencing and leading
- team work
- conflict management
- stress tolerance