Sr Engineer- Product Support Engineer
Xperi invents, develops and delivers technologies that enable extraordinary experiences. We make entertainment more entertaining, and smart devices smarter.
From the home to the car to everywhere in between, managing content and connections in a way that is smart, immersive, and personal is precisely what Xperi’s technologies do.
Our inventions are foundational to the global entertainment ecosystem and our products and data improve every aspect of the digital entertainment experience, from choice to consumption.
The Senior Engineer, Product Support Engineering at Xperi provides vital engineering support for business development and marketing efforts, and direct support to customer companies in different industry segments we operate in.
This role supports several stages of the customer engagement cycle – At pre-sales stage supporting business efforts with potential customers from a technical perspective, working closely with the account manager and customer to evaluate potential solutions. At integration stage working with customers at their ODM locations and coordinating with internal Xperi engineering teams. This position also supports audio tuning of Xperi solutions on customer’s devices and technology trade-shows.
This position reports to the regional manager of the Product Support Engineering team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Support technical engagement with prospective customers.
- Provide technical presentations of Xperi solutions relevant to customer's product.
- Support technical Q&A, coordinating with customers and internal teams.
- Prepare and provides product demos to customers.
- Support technical evaluations based on customer's benchmark requirements.
- Capture technical requirements of customer's product and work with internal teams on gap analysis process.
- Support trade-shows, performing technical preparation and on-site event support.
- Support integration of Xperi solutions in customer's product.
- Work with internal engineering teams on issue escalation, replicating initial issue, capturing and communicating clearly all relevant information, validating issue fix and following up with customer and internal teams until issue resolution.
- Support customer on-site as needed during integration stage.
- Capture all relevant technical information of customer's product and clearly communicate internally for certification purposes.
- Support certification issue escalation.
- Provide customer feedback to internal engineering teams on SDK integration and documentation improvements.
- Tune audio solutions on ODM devices for different product types.
- Support ODM engineers during the tuning process of their products providing training and Q&A support.
- Validate final tuning integration and overall performance on customer's products.
- Align with internal engineering teams’ technology tuning guidelines.
- Provide feedback to internal development teams on Xperi solution’s performance on customer devices for continuous improvement.
- Works on problems diverse in scope where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of a variety of variable factors.
- Thorough understanding and application of functional concepts, practices and theories
- Clear perspective of how products / projects should function and the ability to implement them
- Receives little to no day-to-day instructions and general instructions on new projects
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in electrical engineering, compute science or related.
- 9+ years of experience working in a CE product industry, either IC, automotive, mobile or home AV.
- Proficient knowledge in audio and/or image signal processing concepts.
- Experience in software or embedded systems integration, related to audio and/or image solutions.
- Experience using most commercial audio tools and software packages preferred.
Other Skills & Abilities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Able to work independently and travel to customer sites
- Familiarity Android system level, Windows APO or IC/DSP integrations desired.
- Critical listening skills preferred