Senior Embedded SW Engineer
Xperi invents, develops and delivers technologies that enable extraordinary experiences. We make entertainment more entertaining, and smart devices smarter.
From the home to the car to everywhere in between, managing content and connections in a way that is smart, immersive, and personal is precisely what Xperi’s technologies do.
Our inventions are foundational to the global entertainment ecosystem and our products and data improve every aspect of the digital entertainment experience, from choice to consumption.
Content markets are changing, fast. Consumers face a simultaneously expanding and fragmenting set of choices. Xperi technology cuts through the chaos, putting us at the forefront of fast-moving trends in streaming, digital entertainment, and AI applications – in any environment.
Xperi is at the heart of extraordinary experiences.
We can’t wait to show you what’s next.
- You’ll be part of the team that develops the embedded software and hardware simulators.
- The software is meant to run image and audio processing algorithms and it may interface with the HW developed in our company.
- The algorithms are heavily based on neural network technologies.
- Design & develop embedded SW running on XPERI’s HW.
- Design & develop SW that will simulate the HW behaviour. Also develop SW tools to support the XPERI’s HW.
- Work closely with Machine Learning and Hardware Design teams to identify optimal SW architecture and implementation solutions.
- Assist with customers’ requests, provide support or travel to support on site if necessarily.
- Additionally, for Sr. position:
- Drive embedded software development from initial concept to implementation, platform optimization and performance validation. Establish performance evaluation methodology, generate technical documentation and test procedures.
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer.
- Strong knowledge of C, good C++.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills and drive to solve problems.
- Proven SW design experience.
- Ability to work with Linux (GCC toolchain) and Windows (Visual Studio) development environment.
- Experience with real time and multitasking programming.
- Experience with embedded tools and SDKs.
- Experience with programming hardware (interrupts, registers, etc.).
- Knowledge of system architecture (different types of memory, cores, caches, buses).
- Experience in developing portable code.
- Familiarity with version control systems, preferably Git.
- Good written and spoken communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
Additional Skills (would be added advantage):
- Experience with image or/and audio processing. Including algorithm development and optimization.
- Experience in Neural Networks / Machine Learning domain.
- Python programming.
- Experience with GPU/parallel programming.
- Knowledge of embedded Operating Systems.