Engineer - Research & Development
Xperi invents, develops and delivers technologies that create extraordinary experiences at home and on the go for millions of people around the world. Powering billions of consumer electronics, connected cars and digital content titles, we make entertainment more immersive, driving more intelligent and every interaction seamlessly personalized through our renowned consumer brands: DTS®, HD Radio™, IMAX® Enhanced and TiVo®.
Xperi (NYSE: XPER) is a publicly traded technology company headquartered in San Jose, CA with over 2,000 employees across North America, Europe and Asia. Come join a thriving team where you can play an integral role in shaping the future of entertainment technology.
About the role:
Xperi is looking to recruit a R&D Engineer to join our Biometrics team. Our team develops the next generation of algorithms for imaging and audio biometrics for multiple markets. As R&D Engineer - Machine Learning, Computer Vision and Audio Processing, you will be involved in all steps of creating a product from initial concept to final product delivery.
What you will get to do:
- Research and develop next generation of algorithms in the area of Machine Learning, imaging and audio biometrics and others.
- Drive technology development from initial concept, implementation, validation and release.
- Work very closely with the project team and other stake holders
- Keep up to date with latest advances in relevant areas in industry and academia.
- Contribute to the IP portfolio of the company.
Who we are looking for:
- Good programming skills in python and C.
- Proven record of technology development in any related field (ideally, but not necessarily related to machine learning, imaging, audio processing or biometrics)
- MSc degree in a relevant field or relevant industry experience. PhD in related areas (machine learning, imaging, audio processing or biometrics) is a plus
- Experience with any of the Deep Learning development tools such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, Caffe
- Experience working in Agile environments is a plus
- Be ambitious, talented and self driven
- Be motivated and passionate by challenging and solving technical problems
- Have good communication and team working skills
Life @ Xperi:
At Xperi, we value People, Customers, Performance and Innovation. We are dedicated to creating a workplace where all employees have a voice and sense of belonging, feel safe and valued, and are acknowledged for how their unique differences contribute to organizational culture and business outcomes.
Our employees and their families are important to us, and our comprehensive pay, stock and benefits programs reflect that. Xperi supports personal well-being, builds financial security and enables employees to share in our collective success.
- Competitive compensation (salary, equity and bonuses) and comprehensive benefits designed to foster work-life balance, care for your health, protect your finances and help you save and invest for the future.
- Generous paid time away from work, including flexible time off, holidays and sick time, health and wellness initiatives, and a charitable match program to help you give back to your community.
- Great perks, which vary by location and can be site-specific: employee discounts, transportation reimbursements, subsidized cafes and fitness facilities.
- A flexible, hybrid work environment combining the best of in-office collaboration and community-building along with the benefits of working from home.