Sr. Engineer, Software Development
Hi. We’re TiVo. At our core, we’re innovators who continuously seek to fuel the ultimate entertainment experience. We touch the lives of binge-watching, music-loving, entertainment fanatics every day by inventing and delivering beautiful user experiences and enable the world’s leading media and entertainment providers to nurture more meaningful relationships with their audiences.
We work hard, celebrate success and challenge everyone in our organization to make an impact. If you are as passionate as we are about the intersection of technology and entertainment, join us today.
Roles and responsibilities:
• Develop detailed design specifications, unit test plans, and high-quality code. Work with a team of talented software engineers through the entire development cycle, from design through deployment.
• Work with Architecture, Development, QA, and other engineering groups to define, build, and evolve into a world-class software development organization.
• Provide on-going product maintenance and enhancements to production applications.
• Proactively identify opportunities for improvement.
Must Have Skills:
• 4 to 7 yrs. of software development experience
• Good knowledge of Java technologies.
• Experience in developing and maintaining scalable web services platform using Apache/Tomcat, XML/JSON and MYSQL (REST style services)
• Working experience in a Unix/Linux development and build environment
• Understanding of real-time software characteristics including inter-process communication, message passing, locks, priorities and threads.
• Experience in working with Kafka, Memcached, Splunk & MySQL
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
Nice to Have:
• Exposure to other high-level programming and any scripting languages
• Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile a plus
• Experience with containers (e.g. Docker) and micro-service architectures
• Computer Science Engineering Graduation degree or post-graduation degree from reputed Indian or foreign university