Principal Java Engineer/Team Leader
Hi. We’re TiVo!
At our core, we’re innovators who continuously seek to fuel the ultimate entertainment experience. We touch the lives of binge-watching, music-loving, entertainment fanatics every day by inventing and delivering beautiful user experiences, and enable the world’s leading media and entertainment providers to nurture more meaningful relationships with their audiences.
TiVo is known for building great backend solutions for TV operators that serves millions of users around the Word. We put quality, scalability and reliability in the first place.
Currently we are looking for Principal Java Engineer with previous leading and designing experiences to join our backend team!
Here’s what you get to do:
- Development of backend products related to Internet TV industry (OTT)
- Designing, developing and testing new modules and features of the product (80% of new feature development!)
- Proposing changes to software architecture and providing Proof of Concept for new ideas
- Performing code review for fellow team members
- Work in Scrum methodology
- Tuning application’s performance and reliability
Here’s what you’ll need to be successful:
- Very good programming skills in Java 8
- Good knowledge of Spring,MySQL, Apache CXF, Mockito, AssertJ, Maven
- Experience in system or software design and creating technical design documents
- Experience at functional java programming
- Understanding of best programming practices and integration patterns.
- Experience with designing and enforcing best-in-class software development processes
- Capability to work with large Java projects consisting of multiple subprojects.
- Passion for developing scalable and highly available backend applications
- Willingness to learn new things related to the digital television industry
- Good spoken and written Polish and English
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of Vavr, Docker
- Experience with JOOQ
- Tools: GIT, GitLab and Jira and Confluence
- CI/CD (Jenkins, Concourse)
- Knowledge of REST API architecture style
Here's what we offer:
- Employment contract
- Flexible working hours
- Benefits: private medical care and sports package
- Annual bonus
- Stable work environment
- Employee Referral Program
- Company social events
- Bi-weekly fruits