Staff Engineer, Software Development
Hi. We’re TiVo. At our core, we’re innovators who continuously seek to fuel the ultimate entertainment experience. We touch the lives of binge-watching, music-loving, entertainment fanatics every day by inventing and delivering beautiful user experiences, and enable the world’s leading media and entertainment providers to nurture more meaningful relationships with their audiences.
We work hard, celebrate success and challenge everyone in our organization to make an impact. If you are as passionate as we are about the intersection of technology and entertainment, join us today.
Senior Software Engineer:
Here’s what you’ll need to be successful:
- 3-5 years of working experience with object-oriented programming skills with Java or C++
- 2-3 years of working experience using one of the modern front-end frameworks: React/React Native, Android SDK, Swift.
- Deep understanding of graphical user interfaces and ability to build reusable UI components.
- Strong program debugging capability and crash log analysis skills
- Practical knowledge of issues related to software life cycle.
- Skills and experience writing unit-test cases using a unit-test framework
- Skills in software monitoring and optimization.
- Strong communication skills working in an agile team
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of IP streaming protocols like HLS, DASH
- Experience in Android TV Platform and TV Input Framework.
- Practical knowledge of git, gitlab and Jira.
- Experience in embedded software development.
- Knowledge of digital television systems, audio/video processing, data streaming processing.
- Skills in setting up and using automated tools for software quality verification.
Here’s what you get to do:
- Being responsible for Agile development of end-to-end Android TV product for more than 1mln of Android TV users.
- Experimenting with tv operators technology, IoT, embedded solution, micro-controllers.
- Taking care of the product and the quality of its source code.
- Designing, developing and testing new modules and features of the product.
- Performing code review – each check-in code has to be reviewed by at least two developers.
- Everyday learning issues related to the digital television industry.