Xperi invents, develops and delivers technologies that enable extraordinary
experiences. We make entertainment more entertaining, and smart devices smarter.
From the home to the car to everywhere in between, managing content and connections in a way that is smart, immersive, and personal is precisely what Xperi’s technologies do.
Our inventions are foundational to the global entertainment ecosystem and our products and data improve every aspect of the digital entertainment experience, from choice to consumption.
At XPERI, we embrace your uniqueness. Bring your imagination and creativity to us and be a part of a technology company that brings sensory experiences to life; where you will unlock your true potential.
Are you a Data Scientist with Computer Vision and Audio Processing / Analysis background?
We need you to join our XPERI Office of the CTO to work on cutting edge Imaging and Audio technologies, employing Machine Learning and AI.
The successful candidate will be part of the ML Data team working closely with our R&D and testing teams, to design datasets, perform data analysis and visualization, develop tools and evaluate and test our advanced machine learning and AI imaging and audio technologies.
Location: Brasov, Romania
A Day in XPERI as a Data Scientist:
- Work with R&D teams to design dataset specifications that are aligned with the product requirements for imaging and audio ML projects.
- Collaborate with the data acquisition team to ensure datasets specifications are followed and can be realistically implemented during dataset acquisition.
- Provide metrics, statistics and analysis tools to ensure that the produced datasets meet the requirements.
- Develop data processing and augmentation tools to support enhancing our datasets.
- Perform data analysis and visualization activities and implement data analysis tools to support the decision making in the development of ML algorithms.
- Perform evaluation and benchmarking for internal ML solutions against the state of the art to drive dataset and model improvements.
- Communicate and present data analysis findings and evaluation results to various stakeholders and decision makers
- Guide uniform approaches to metadata and annotation data formats, and data management systems.
- BS or MSc Degree in Computer Science, mathematics or a relevant field
- 5+ years of industry experience in data science, data analysis or ML research roles
- Solid Python programming skills, and experience with version control systems (Git, SVN)
- Proven experience in data analysis and visualization for ML datasets and experiment results
- Experience sourcing or creating large data sets for machine learning training or testing
- Experience in Machine Learning and AI Development, using machine learning development tools (PyTorch, TensorFlow, Caffe)
- Expertise in imaging and audio data and metadata formats (text, CSV, JSON, XML)
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work effectively and independently, managing multiple priorities and meeting deliverable deadlines
- Self-motivated, showing initiative, thoroughness and superior attention to details
- Excellent communication skills in both spoken and written English and experience presenting findings to decision-makers
- Ability to work well in globally distributed teams
Additional Skills (would be added advantage):
- Experience in project management and development methodologies such as Agile/Scrum/Kanban
- Knowledge of digital cameras or audio recording systems
- Ability to communicate well complex technical information to different target audiences
- Experience with cloud platforms
- Familiar with state-of-the-art ML, the latest ML developments, neural network architectures, and training and optimization methods
- Knowledge or experience in the creation of synthetic datasets