Staff Engineer, SDET
Hi. We’re TiVo. At our core, we’re innovators who continuously seek to fuel the ultimate entertainment experience. We touch the lives of binge-watching, music-loving, entertainment fanatics every day by inventing and delivering beautiful user experiences and enable the world’s leading media and entertainment providers to nurture more meaningful relationships with their audiences.
We work hard, celebrate success and challenge everyone in our organization to make an impact. If you are as passionate as we are about the intersection of technology and entertainment, join us today.
THE BIG PICTURE
We are looking for a Staff Engineer, SDET who would be working on test automation framework. The person should be experienced in architecting, designing and implementing the automation frameworks. Specific skills include strong Python or Java programming experience, extensive experience and solid understanding of Continuous Integration practices.
· Developing test automation framework and deliver as per automation roadmap
· Responsible for architecting, designing and implementing the automation frameworks from scratch and applying automated tools to support Set Top boxes(STB) and streaming devices
· Partnering with development & automation teams to use the framework for functional & system test automation
· Defining and implementing automation best practices and coding standards
· Develop, execute and maintain automation scripts to meet software deliverables
· Work closely with scrum teams to identify and minimize manual testing by identifying high-ROI test cases and automating them
· Developing dashboard for automation results
· 10+ years of experience in automation framework design and development
· Education: Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field. Masters preferred
· Should be a technically savvy, have expertise in using open source frameworks with broader range of tools
· Must have experience in one or more languages such as Python, Java, PERL. Preferably Python.
· Excellent communication skills
· Good to have:
· Knowledge of docker containers
· Knowledge of web service API testing tools like Selenium WebDriver
· Experience in the Set top box automation is preferred
· Working with open source frameworks such as Robot framework, Pytest for end to end automation
· Experience with Mobile Apps Automation using Appium