Data Analyst (SQL P&C Insurance)
Does solving complex business problems and real-world challenges interest you? Do you enjoy seeing the impact your contributions make on a daily basis? Are you passionate about using data analytics to provide game changing solutions to the Global 2000 clients? Do you thrive in a dynamic work environment that constantly pushes you to be the best you can be and more? Are you ready to work with smart colleagues who drive for excellence in everything they do?
If you possess a solutions mindset, strong architecting skills, and commitment to be part of a tremendous journey, come join our growing, global team. See what Saama can do for your career and for your journey.
Saama Analytics has been at the forefront of data innovation for the last two decades and continues to offer cutting-edge data analytics solutions powered with big data, cloud, and AI/ML aptitudes for its customers in Life Sciences, Insurance, CPG, and other industries.
Saama is committed to finding the best people because the innovations and discoveries that enabled together leads to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future.
- Client Executives (C-Suite, SVP/VP, Directors)
- Industry Thought Leaders in the area of expertise
- Sales/Pre-Sales Executives
- Product/Customer Implementation Teams
- Operations support teams at Onsite and Offshore
What We Value
- Integrity: doing the right thing
- Solutions: solving core, complex business challenges
- Collaboration: working as one team
- Innovation: changing the game
- Transparency: communicating openly
- Enjoy & Celebrate: having fun
- Results-oriented and a self-starter who enjoys a challenge and needs minimal support and direction.
- Growth Mindset through innovative ideas in Farming existing Accounts & Hunting newer Accounts
- Works well in structured environment handling multiple threads
- Takes initiative; challenges status quo
- Learns quickly; takes smart risks & experiments.
- Consulting skills; identifies key requirements in dynamic environments.
- Positive Attitude, Communication & Influence skills. Able to communicate effectively and credibly with clients, and other team members. Effective in both written and spoken communication.
- Stays the course despite challenges & setbacks
- Able to build relationships with senior leadership at customers
- Has Minimum 3 years of experience with Insurance domain on Personal Lines Applications/Data & Analytics.
- Thorough in requirements Elicitation and Documentation.
- Proven ability to understand business processes & workflow.
- Good Experience with Data Management & Reporting.
- Ability to perform analysis of database tables as they relate to a data warehouse model and determination of likely intra and inter-database relationships.
- Assess the quality and consistency of data (Data Profiling) stored in a source database and develop recommendations for data cleansing based upon data warehouse business rules.
- Experience with creating user stories / assisting Product owners to define the same for business requirements.
- Has been a liaison & coordinating between data modeling, data mapping, source system SME, development, testing and business teams.
- Strong experience in creating mappings between the fields in the source and target systems as well as identifying relationships within a source (implicit foreign keys, lookup tables, etc.).
- Good at the documentation of source schemas to be used by other Data Analysts.
- Ability to provide high-level estimation of deliverables based on preliminary analysis.
- Has worked closely with the testing team in preparing Test Plans, Test Cases and Test Procedures to cover business scenarios.
- Experience and detailed knowledge of relational, OLTP, SQL, dimensional and OLAP databases and technologies.
- Working experience in writing queries on Cloud data platforms specifically Snowflake.
- Strong analytical skills to analyze data sets and identify patterns.
- Experience working in Agile environment and methodologies
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment, including but not limited to, computers, phones, and photocopiers.
- Physical Demands
- This position requires the frequent and repetitive use of a computer, keyboard, and mouse. Hand and finger dexterity is required.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Saama Technologies, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
- This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.