Director, Content Strategy
What makes us Qlik
Qlik helps enterprises around the world move faster, work smarter, and lead the way forward with an end-to-end solution for getting value out of data. A Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader for 11 years in a row, our platform is the only one on the market that allows for open-ended, curiosity-driven exploration, giving everyone – at any skill level – the ability to make real discoveries that lead to real outcomes and transformative changes. We are a Values-Driven organization, operating over 100 countries with 38,000 customers around the world. If you think we are interesting, please read on – we may be looking for you!
The Marketing Team
The Global Marketing Organization is responsible for creating awareness and demand for Qlik’s products and solutions, helping Sales open the door into net new accounts as well as expand Qlik’s presence within the existing customer base.
The Director, Content Strategy is a key role responsible for overseeing Qlik’s approach to content marketing and content operations. This role is strategic, highly cross functional and requires both creative and analytical thinking. The Director of Content Strategy will lead a small team and work across Qlik marketing to define Qlik’s content marketing approach, establish best practices, and analyze content performance. Working closely with the creative team, external agencies, and across Qlik Marketing, the Director of Content Strategy will play a critical role in how we use content to tell our story as well as drive demand, supporting the buyer’s journey. The ideal candidate should be well-versed in social media, video, SEO/SEM best practices, content technologies, is analytical and data-driven in their decision-making, and a skilled and versatile leader with the ability to balance strategic planning with a hands-on, team-based approach. This critical role should have a perspective on content, experience, and digital trends and how to leverage growing content capabilities to continuously power best-in-class content marketing, necessary for growth.
- Create a vision for effective content strategy, production, and management that powers and empowers digital marketing to drive growth for the business
- Define and document the content organization structure, operational workflows, and processes to support business needs
- Lead the Content Council and maintain overall responsibility for the management of the editorial calendar, from ideation through asset archival
- Advise content creators on how to develop clear and engaging content across our core segments consistent with the company’s brand image and addresses both business goals and end-user needs
- Collaborate with the analytics and operations teams to define and then measure content effectiveness, including the identifying key metrics and the creation of reporting dashboards
- Drive best practice in content sharing, standardization, and operational efficiency across the content strategy, production, distribution, and measurement process
- Evaluate and monitor existing tools and technologies, and make recommendations for changes or additions to enable Qlik’s content operations to scale
- Oversee translation processes, including vendor management
You must have the following skills and qualifications to be considered for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Management, or related field, with 10-15 years of experience in marketing, communications, journalism, or related field. MBA a plus.
- Experience building content strategies and plans that successfully represent the brand as well as enable and drive impactful storytelling across product, demand generation, and channel content
- Sound knowledge of content management technologies including but not limited to content management systems, keyword research tools, social media platforms, SEO and SEM
- Strategic thinker with initiative and the ability to convey, lead, and apply strategy
- Knowledge of content marketing trends and techniques, including channels, technology, and analytics
- Strong analytical and quantitative capability to determine content effectiveness, ROI, etc.
- Previous and proven effective personnel management experience required
- Strong leadership, teamwork, and interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with both internal and external customers
- Expert ability to deliver on multiple simultaneous tasks with excellence
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail, and outstanding time management skills
- Strong project management and process orientation
- Ability to collaborate within a heavily matrixed environment
- Ability to write and present in a clear, powerful, and compelling way; be a great storyteller
- Previous budget management experience
- Exemplifies Qlik Core Values: Teamwork for Results, Challenge, Open & Straightforward, Take Responsibility, Move Fast
This Location for this role is/are:
- USA – King of Prussia/Philadelphia preferred
- Remote considered for highly qualified candidate
- Qlik Company Page – Who we are!
- Our Values at Qlik: Challenge, Take Responsibility, Move Fast, Teamwork for Results, Be Open and Straightforward
- Competitive Benefits package
- Flexible working environment
- Giving back is a part of our culture – we give you a day to change the world. In addition, we encourage our employees to participate in our numerous Corporate Responsibility Employee Programs
- Learn about our Corporate Responsibility Program by visiting Qlik.org
- Check out our company page on Linkedin!
- Follow us on Instagram @lifeatqlik and @Qlik
Qlik is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected category or characteristic. We value the diversity of our workforce. If you need assistance due to disability during the application and/or recruiting process, please contact us via the Accessibility Request Form
AGENCIES: Qlik is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Qlik via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Qlik. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Qlik as a result of the referral or through other means.