Online Communities Manager (Marketing)
What makes us Qlik
Qlik helps enterprises around the world move faster, work smarter, and lead the way forward with an end-to-end solution for getting value out of data. A Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader for 11 years in a row! Our platform is the only one on the market that allows for open-ended, curiosity-driven exploration, giving everyone – at any skill level – the ability to make real discoveries that lead to real outcomes and transformative changes. We are a Values-Driven organization, operating over 100 countries with 45,000 customers around the world. If you think we are interesting, please read on – we may be looking for you!
Online Communities Manager (Marketing)
The Online communities Manager is an experienced technologist who supports the growth, development and stability of Qlik’s large and dynamic online Communities. Built on the Khoros platform, Qlik Communities is the company’s primary digital “hub” of user engagement and learning, supporting more than 117,000 customers, partners and loyal fans of Qlik solutions.
Qlik Communities is a key part of Qlik’s global Customer Marketing team, that rolls up through the Global Marketing organization. The Online Communities Manager is primarily responsible for supporting the Khoros platform, working across many lines of business to help facilitate site changes, updates and enhancements in alignment with business needs.
Qlik has an innovative, team-oriented and high-energy culture. We offer a flexible and exciting work environment, and plenty of opportunities for you to grow as a professional and as an individual.
As Online Communities Manager you will have an immediate and significant impact on the success of Qlik Communities, which supports Qlik’s growth and success.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
Experience working with Khoros platform or similar platforms, specifically:
- Managing multiple environments supporting Khoros platform,
- Site upgrades – studying release notes and working with team and vendor to make go/no-go decisions on new features and functions
- Managing the Community structure, roles and permissions
- Strong understanding of maintaining a safe, secure and high performing, accessible site
- Knowledge of Community Admin, Community Analytics
- Knowledge in Khoros CARE a plus
- Experience in online community management and moderation
- Experience working with community platform vendors and/or other agencies to manage support cases and multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience with SEARCH and SEO to drive external ranking increases
- Experience with HTML strongly desired, light coding is possible.
- Experience managing change with focus on agility.
- Strong ability to interact with various groups in the company to help explain / educate on value of community, in many cases will be gathering requirements from teams for projects
- Strong ability to prioritize and organize tasks, escalate when needed and report back on progress.
- Will work with marketing, product management and Qlik IT teams to improve end-to-end processes impacting data quality and analysis.
Competencies and skills:
The skills and qualifications required for this role:
- 3-5+ years of experience growing, nurturing large online communities
- Must have knowledge of Khoros platform
- BA/BS in marketing, communications, computer science, or other relevant degree
- Out of the box, creative, “think different” approach to nurturing large online communities
- Deep understanding of social media management platforms, preferably with Khoros
- Experience with implementation and integration of digital platforms
- Strong understanding and appreciation for managing and optimizing digital communities based on analytics and user engagement
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Effective problem solver, not afraid to share new ideas
- Must be able to work independently and within teams and time management skills critical
- 3-5+ years of experience designing, managing, growing, nurturing large, vibrant online communities
Experience & Qualifications
Desired experience with successful track record in one or more of the following areas:
- We are looking for someone who is ready to jump in and get quickly up and running on community platform and back end system
- Ability to immediately take over the change management process which takes UI/UX updates from idea-to-stage-to-production.
- Please be flexible. As our key engagement hub for users, our Community is available 24x7x365. Launch of new features may sometimes take place over a weekend.
- Willingness to provide ‘overlap’ and coverage for fellow colleagues that may require you to step outside the box.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with community members. Develop quick understanding on “who’s who.”
- Qlik Company Page – Who we are!
- Our Values at Qlik: Challenge, Take Responsibility, Move Fast, Teamwork for Results, Be Open and Straightforward
- Competitive Benefits package
- Flexible working environment
- Giving back is a part of our culture – we give you a day to change the world. In addition, we encourage our employees to participate in our Corporate Responsibility Employee Programs
- Learn about our Corporate Responsibility Program by visiting Qlik.org
- Check out our careers in R&D here.
- Check out our company page on Linkedin!
- Follow us on Instagram @lifeatqlik and @Qlik
- Check us out on Youtube!
Qlik is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected category or characteristic. We value the diversity of our workforce. If you need assistance due to disability during the application and/or recruiting process, please contact us via the Accessibility Request Form
AGENCIES: Qlik is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Qlik via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Qlik. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Qlik as a result of the referral or through other means.