Site Reliability Engineer Cost Specialist
Qlik helps enterprises around the world move faster, work smarter, and lead the way forward with an end-to-end solution for getting value out of data. Our platform is the only one on the market that allows for open-ended, curiosity-driven exploration, giving everyone – at any skill level – the ability to make real discoveries that lead to real outcomes and transformative changes. We are a Values-Driven organization, operating over 100 countries with 45,000 customers around the world. If you think we are interesting, please read on – we may be looking for you!
Our team works directly with the Qlik Cloud platform to ensure that our large-scale distributed systems are scalable, monitored, automated and performing optimally. We own our production environment - from the initial design phases to ensuring continuous high availability. Bring your passion to automate and join our growing team, and dig deep into performance, scalability, capacity and reliability problems.
What will You Do
- Provide input into the technical aspects of our Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP), ensuring that the platform is being used to its fullest potential through designing and building standards and frameworks around our customer’s needs
- Improve the Automation of our cloud platform account lifecycle
- Manage and report on overall Cloud Costs over various platforms (AWS/GCP/Azure)
- Ensure Reliability of Qlik’s Enterprise SaaS Production Environment.
- Infrastructure Automation and Tooling around all layers of infrastructure including logging, monitoring, compute, database management, network, CI/CD pipeline.
You will be successful if you have:
- 4 Years of experience with AWS/Azure/GCP Architecture with System Design and implementation for large global enterprises.
- Cloud Certifications relevant to administration and architecture.
- Experience working with cloud cost management solutions and vendors, Instance management, tagging.
- Proficiency in one or more of the following: Python, Node.js or Go.
- Experience troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems Applications.
- Experience working with cloud cost management solutions (either of AWS Cost Explorer, AWS Cloud watch, Cloud health, CloudCheckR or Cloudability).
- Experience working with kubecost.
- Interest in data analytics, extraction, programming, and modelling.
- Good understanding of REST API’s and data formats such as JSON and XML.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage effective working relationships within an organization and across multiple clients and/or stakeholders.
- Experience building DevOps tools and supporting production environment.
- Focus on automation: this includes automating deployment, configuration management, and infrastructure as code.
- Strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Willing to work in 24x7 oncall model.
- Understanding of Agile/DevOps operating model. Experience and passion to work in a fast-paced Agile environment, delivering features in small time duration and utilizing automation where possible.
An asset, if you have:
- Experience running cloud workloads in various cloud providers, such as AWS, GCE or Azure.
- Experience with source control, including pull requests, branching and merging (github).
- Familiarity with monitoring tools such as Grafana, Prometheus, SumoLogic.
- Knowledge on AWS Lambda, React JS.
- Experience with configuration Management tools.
- Familiarity with containerization technologies such as Docker, Mesos, Kubernetes, Twist Lock.
- Familiarity deploying infrastructure as code and configuration management (Terraform, Cloud Formation, Spinnaker, Concourse).
- Familiarity of metrics, logging, tracing and debugging.
Our way of giving back
To our communities, to the world, and to you is a core part of the culture at Qlik. We encourage our employees to participate in our numerous Corporate Responsibility Program initiatives.
The role is in Bangalore, India. If you find this position is interesting, you are welcome with your complete application in English. Apply as soon as possible as we are working continuously with the applications for this assignment.
Qlik is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected category or characteristic. We value the diversity of our workforce. If you need assistance due to disability during the application and/or recruiting process, please contact us via the Accessibility Request Form
Qlik is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Qlik via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Qlik. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Qlik as a result of the referral or through other means.