Senior Software Engineer, Web Applications
About ProbablyMonsters™ Studios
ProbablyMonsters Studios is a developer-led independent game company with the mission to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional original games while thriving in stable and meaningful careers.
Our 3 studios are each developing an original game:
• Firewalk™ is working on a new multiplayer IP to be exclusively published by PlayStation
• Cauldron™ is developing a single-player, adventure-driven game
• Our RPG Team is creating a next-gen co-op RPG
We recently announced the largest Series A raise in gaming history at $250 million, which provides our teams with the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers .
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer, Web Applications, to join our team. In this role, you will partner with Technical Program Managers, UX Designers, and Engineers to build the foundation of our product management systems to support our portfolio of studios and products.
If you want to join a people-first company committed to helping everyone create amazing games while creating a powerful and supportive set of new products using the latest technologies, then this is the job for you!
This role’s key focus is on building web applications that ProbablyMonsters will use to streamline and accelerate game production. You will be responsible for laying the foundation and building the future of managing every aspect of the game development lifecycle and integrating with 3rd party systems to connect and share data.
Who You Are
- An engaging, inclusive, and respectful teammate
- You enjoy empowering teams and helping make their dreams become reality
- You value your team having the freedom to build, own, and operate their entire tech stack
- You know when to focus on short-term needs and when to focus on building for the future
- You understand the cost of introducing complexity and enjoy improving the developer experience
- You are excited when a company proactively invests in internal infrastructure and tools
- You are passionate about building web experiences with outstanding UX, performance, accessibility, security, and visual polish
What You Will Do
- Work with central teams and studios to eliminate inefficiencies in game development
- Collaborate with UX and design to implement internal web applications and systems with a level of polish typically reserved for customer-facing efforts
- Architect scalable, maintainable, secure, reliable, and extensible web applications
- Mentor teammates and provide domain expertise to other teams using web technologies
- Five years of experience building web applications
- Two years of experience designing complex distributed applications using a RESTful microservices architecture
- Strong troubleshooting and performance tuning skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to present complex technical information in a clear manner to peers, developers, product managers, and leaders
Our commitment to you
- A people-first culture founded on respect, trust, approachability, and accountability.
- A stable home that values your potential, deeply cares about your work-life balance, and is committed to investing in your craft and long-term career.
- Competitive benefits package including health and family benefits, employee assistance program, flexible and paid time off, financial benefits and professional and personal development.