Our studio is looking for a Gameplay Designer who loves and understands the power of games and is excited to bring exceptional entertainment to millions of players. Our Gameplay Designers are responsible for demonstrating best-in-industry creation of core gameplay and driving multi-disciplinary gameplay development to realize our Game Director's creative vision.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are literate in and deeply passionate about core gameplay and interaction design fundamentals.
- You understand and can speak to what makes a game “feel” right and advocate for prioritizing a player’s gameplay experience.
- You are excited to collaboratively design, implement and polish world-class gameplay experiences and player verbs.
- You are highly technical and feel right at home communicating your thoughts directly to engineers, writing specs, and handling complex content setup, including Blueprint-like prototyping.
- You look forward to working with other teams, including Audio, Effects and Animation to deliver incredible gameplay content.
- You consider and design for making moment-to-moment gameplay as accessible to all players as possible.
- You are adamant about creating a positive and inclusive work environment to support and nurture diverse talent.
- You are self-sufficient and motivated, unafraid to ask for help when needed, and always excited to receive and execute on feedback.
- You understand that clear and concise communication is the lifeblood to game development and can communicate effectively both orally and written.
- You have shipped at least two successful "AAA" titles from start to finish, or have equivalent game development experience.
- You find time to play video games and empathize deeply with our players, because you are a gamer at heart.
- Experience with the Unreal 4 Engine is a big plus.
WHAT YOUR DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE
- Iterating on a new core mechanic or player verb that you're excited about.
- Playtesting, giving feedback, and helping other Gameplay Designers debug and analyze existing and new features.
- Reviewing a critical feature with the Gameplay Lead.
- Working with the Design Team Manager to help develop a plan for your career goals.