Senior Gameplay Animator
ABOUT FIREWALK STUDIOS
At Firewalk Studios, our mission is to spark incredible multiplayer experiences that inspire memorable moments. We’re building a world-class, next-generation game studio where people come first. For us, setting a high-quality bar, creating something extraordinary, and treating each other with trust and respect go hand-in-hand. Creating new worlds that ignite imagination and connection takes a collaborative team of amazing creators. Join us to deliver awesome gaming entertainment, rooted in strong gameplay and inspiring art, that captures the joy of playing together. We are currently working on an unannounced, original multiplayer game that is being published by our partners at Sony Interactive Entertainment and we are actively looking to add passionate, visionary creators who thrive in environments where the “status quo” just won’t do and who genuinely want to be part of a collaborative, inclusive, and respectful team. Firewalk Studios is proud to be part of the ProbablyMonsters family of studios.
Firewalk Studios is looking for a Senior Gameplay Animator who is passionate about bringing exceptional entertainment to millions of players. As our Senior Gameplay Animator, you will be responsible for helping to develop our animation style, conceptualize movement ideas and breathe life into our character’s gameplay animations.
WHO YOU ARE
- Your demo reel reflects your experience, your love for animating characters, and a technical mastery of your tools including keyframing and mocap cleanup.
- You enjoy creating gameplay animation that feels organic but still responsive.
- You enjoy working across disciplines to find the strongest solutions for the game.
- You stay on top of the latest trends and find ways to motivate and inspire innovation across the team.
- You seek efficiency, optimizing pipelines and workflows throughout the character creation process.
- You set the standard with your work quality bar and love contributing to artistic techniques and processes.
- You encourage individual and team growth, are driven to create a long-term career path for yourself and others.
- You consistently ask yourself “How can I serve the person next in the pipeline?” and “What voids exist that I can fill?”
- You find time to play video games & empathize deeply with our players, because you are a gamer at heart.
WHAT YOUR DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE
- Collaborate with the Animation Director, Principal Animators, Technical Director in Animation, and Gameplay Artists to discuss a character’s goals.
- Partner with Character Artists, Character Tech Artists and FX Artists to problem solve new features for a Character.
- Join a playtest to see how characters are playing and to give notes on the entire game.
- Participate in multi-discipline character reviews to refine and iterate on a characters’ appeal, responsiveness, and fun factor.
- You have a demonstrable, deep understanding of hand-keyed animation principles.
- You have experience working with motion capture data.
- You have shipped multiple AAA quality games.
- You have strong knowledge and experience with next-generation character pipelines, tools, and workflows.
- You have at least 5+ years of character animation experience.
Established in 2016, ProbablyMonsters is a next-generation independent game company that creates long-lasting studios and exceptional games. Revolutionizing the way AAA game studios are built, ProbablyMonsters provides its teams the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers while delivering best-in-class entertainment through a positive people-first culture.
We have built three studios so far. Each of them has a unique identity built around the type of gamer experience they are creating. Knit together inside the ProbablyMonsters family culture, all studios are bonded by the core values of respect, trust, accountability, and approachability.
Connected by the company’s mission to unite, guide, and empower developers to create exceptional entertainment experiences, developers at Firewalk are given the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions.
Learn more at www.probablymonsters.com/careers