Help Desk Administrator
About ProbablyMonsters™ Studios
ProbablyMonsters Studios is a developer-led independent game company with the mission to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional original games while thriving in stable and meaningful careers.
Our 3 studios are each developing an original game:
• Firewalk™ is working on a new multiplayer IP to be exclusively published by PlayStation
• Cauldron™ is developing a single-player, adventure-driven game
• Our RPG Team is creating a next-gen co-op RPG
We recently announced the largest Series A raise in gaming history at $250 million, which provides our teams with the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers .
We are looking for a Help Desk Administrator to provide technical support to our growing family of game studios. As a member of the IT Department, this role will also contribute to various infrastructure, networking, and technology projects.
Who You Are
- An experienced technical support professional who is comfortable working in dynamic, technology-heavy environments.
- An effective communicator with experience working across teams and departments.
- A team player that is used to collaborating to solve problems.
- Someone with strong time management and prioritization skills.
- An automation advocate that’s always on the lookout for ways to eliminate manual processes.
- Comfortable working with light supervision and in situations with ambiguous requirements.
- A gamer, or someone familiar with video gaming and the games industry.
- Willing to work onsite fulltime.
What You Will Do
- Review, triage, and pick up support requests through an internal Help Desk ticketing system.
- Communicate Help Desk Ticket status to requestors and stakeholders, including providing follow-ups and conducting further investigations as needed.
- Collaborate with other members of the IT Department on Help Desk Tickets, projects, and initiatives, and contribute to the team’s overall success.
- Participate in employee onboarding activities, such as assembly, configuration, and deployment of new workstations, setting up user accounts, and providing assistance on a new hire’s first day.
- Troubleshoot, isolate, and resolve technical issues involving software, hardware, networking, and everything in between.
- Support regular maintenance activities, including limited after-hours work.
- Work on projects and tasks from the IT Department’s backlog.
- Contribute to and maintain IT and company documentation, such as Knowledge Base Articles, Confluence pages, and SharePoint sites.
- Occasionally assemble, relocate, or remove hardware and furniture (such as racks of equipment), which may involve physical labor.
- At least three years of experience as a Help Desk or Systems Administrator.
- Experience creating and managing workstation deployment processes.
- Experience maintaining and updating Windows client and server operating systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex technical issues, quickly isolate problems, determine solutions, and deploy fixes.
- Familiarity with computer and server hardware, including the ability to plan and assemble desktop workstations and install server racks with minimal guidance.
- Understanding of networking technologies and related hardware.
- Ability to lift fifty pounds.
- Experience providing support to remote workers, including familiarity with remote co-working technologies, systems, and hardware.
- Experience working with Linux.
- Experience working with and administrating company-wide messaging systems such as Slack, Discord, and MS Teams.
- Familiarity with PowerShell.
- Experience working with and supporting Atlassian products, such as Jira and Confluence.
- Experience working with and supporting Microsoft collaboration products, such as Office 365 and SharePoint.
- Experience administrating Microsoft environments through tools like Azure and Windows Server.
- Experience working in a game development studio or at a game publisher.
- Ability to identify deficient or ineffective processes, propose solutions, and implement them.
Our commitment to you
- A people-first culture founded on respect, trust, approachability, and accountability.
- A stable home that values your potential, deeply cares about your work-life balance, and is committed to investing in your craft and long-term career.
- Competitive benefits package including health and family benefits, employee assistance program, flexible and paid time off, financial benefits and professional and personal development.