Senior FX Artist
At Firewalk, our mission is to spark incredible multiplayer experiences that inspire memorable moments. We’re building a world-class, next-generation game studio where people come first. For us, setting a high-quality bar, creating something extraordinary, and treating each other with trust and respect go hand-in-hand. Our collaborative team of amazing creators are crafting new worlds that ignite imagination and connection. Join us to deliver awesome gaming entertainment, rooted in strong gameplay and inspiring art that captures the joy of playing together.
We are currently working on an unannounced, original multiplayer game that is being published by our partners at Sony Interactive Entertainment. We’re actively looking to add visionary creators who thrive in an environment where the “status quo” just won’t do and who genuinely want to be part of a collaborative, inclusive, and respectful team.
Firewalk is proud to be part of the ProbablyMonsters family of studios who recently raised $250 million to secure our future and our team with the benefits of a long-lasting career.
Our dynamic team of game makers is looking for a Senior FX Artist who loves games and is eager to bring exceptional entertainment to millions of players. We are building a next-generation multiplayer game, and you will be responsible for crafting iconic visual effects and evoking the imaginations of players all over the world.Who You Are
- You are an extraordinary FX Artist with a portfolio that reflects your deep passion and mastery of your craft.
- You are a constant learner in search of opportunities to innovate your creative and technical process.
- You enjoy breaking down compelling visual effects methods and creating your own.
- You understand high-level aesthetic and design goals and evaluate your work through the experience of the player.
- You collaborate with gameplay designers, understand their discipline, and help them find the gameplay they are after.
- You encourage individual and team growth and are driven to create a long-term career path for yourself and others.
What Your Day Might Look Like
- Collaborate with our Art Director and Lead FX Artist to talk about your most recent work.
- Partner with Character Artists and Designers to brainstorm an effect's implementation.
- Speak with Concept Artists and Narrative to explore the fiction of your work.
- Playtest the game often and give holistic notes that will help our game excel.
- Work with Gameplay Designers to assess gameplay clarity and improve it.
- Meet with your Lead to plan career goals.
- You demonstrate strong communication skills.
- You have shipped multiple AAA titles, preferably FPS or hero-based games.
- You have at least 5+ years of visual effects experience.
- You know how to adjust your technical approach to make the best use of performance.
- Extensive experience with Unreal 4 and/or 5 is a big plus.
- Experience with Niagara or similar particle scripting editors is a big plus.
Our Commitment To You
- A people-first culture founded on respect, trust, approachability, and accountability.
- A stable home that values your potential, deeply cares about your work-life balance, and is committed to investing in your craft and long-term career.
- Competitive benefits package including health and family benefits, employee assistance program, flexible and paid time off, financial benefits and professional and personal development.
ABOUT PROBABLYMONSTERS™ STUDIOS
ProbablyMonsters Studios is a developer-led independent game company. Our mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional original games. We have built a sustainable development process that is committed to providing our teams the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers.
While each of our studios has a unique identity built around the type of gamer experience they are creating, all of them are bonded by the core values of respect, trust, accountability, and approachability.