About ProbablyMonsters Inc.
ProbablyMonsters™ is a builder of sustainable game studios that creates and launches original AAA games through a people-first culture. Our mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. In an industry where new AAA studios and developer-focused cultures are equally rare, ProbablyMonsters stands out by fostering both with excellence. We empower our family of studios to concentrate on game creation while our platform team focuses on providing early stage infrastructure and long-term support. This unique development model provides each of our teams the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions. Our family of studios includes: narrative-driven Cauldron Studios™, multiplayer-focused Firewalk Studios™, and our third studio, not named yet, already working on a next-gen co-op RPG game. Learn more about our people, culture, and commitment to exceptional creativity at probablymonsters.com
We are looking for an Experienced Server/Gameplay Engineer to join our New Co-op RPG team.
Who Are You:
- You are respectful, trustworthy, open-minded, and approachable
- You are passionate about working effectively with others
- You strive to achieve excellence in your own work and find supporting others just as gratifying
- You like to get out of your wheelhouse to help solve difficult problems
- You want to create something spectacular with people that is beyond any one person’s ability
What You Will Do:
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams to help design, optimize and build content
- You will be working on both client and server architecture, owning parts but willing to contribute to all aspects of the game.
- Bring a passion for helping our teams do amazing things
- Work with talented teams to craft solutions for a wide variety of unique engineering challenges
- Communicate the tradeoffs of different architectures, possible solutions for impossible goals, and how to limit and reduce risks
- Build pragmatic, reliable, and shippable code
- Professional experience with C++
- Experience with multiple gaming platforms a plus
- Experience optimizing a game network layer with code and by adjusting features to better fit networking limitations
- Knowledgeable about different networking implementations and their tradeoffs (peer-to-peer, dedicated servers, reverse proxies, full state replication, input only replication, UDP, TCP, etc.)
- Knowledgeable about replication strategies and techniques
- Experience working in an iterative process with a small team
- Experience with working in faulty networks with frequent interrupts, network saturation, low bandwidth situations, high latency, and other less than ideal network situations
- UE4 experience is a plus