We have an opening for a PRN Paramedic to work with our Employer Health Clinic located in Homestead, FL!
Premise Health is a leading worksite health and patient engagement company dedicated to improving the cost and quality of employee healthcare. We believe healthcare should be about helping people get, stay and be well. That’s our mission and it’s the foundation of everything we do. With more than 40 years of experience, Premise Health manages more than 500 worksite-based health and wellness centers across the country. The company serves more than 200 of the nation’s leading employers, including a significant number of the Fortune 1000.
Summary: This PRN Paramedic will work with our Employer Health Clinic located in Homestead. The role will be scheduled on an as needed basis Monday- Friday 7 AM -3:30 PM (8 hour shifts). There are also 1-2 scheduled plant outages a year where this role will work 12 hour shifts for coverage.
- Assesses nature and extent of illness or injury to establish and prioritize medical procedures to be followed, or need for additional assistance
- Restores and stabilizes heart rhythm on pulseless, nonbreathing patient
- Monitors cardiac patient
- Administers initial treatment at emergency scene and takes and records patient's vital signs
- Observes, records, and reports to physician patient's condition, treatments, and significant incidents
- Initiates intravenous fluids to administer medication or drugs, or to replace fluids lacking in body
- Administers injections of medications and drugs
- Assists in extricating trapped victims and transports sick and injured persons to treatment center
- Communicates with physician, and other medical personnel in person and by radio-telephone
- Keeps current on treatment techniques, protocol changes, material, and equipment.
- Prepares required reports and maintains records of activities
- May drive mobile unit to and from emergency scene
- Cleans assigned emergency vehicle
- Requisitions and restocks supplies, material, and equipment
- Conducts safety inspections and restocking of first aid supplies as directed
- May require other duties as assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from an accredited Paramedic training program, Paramedic Certification as defined within the state in which contract exists
- Current hands on certification in health care provider ARC or AHA Advanced Life Support required
- ACLS certification is required for all Paramedics
- At least three years’ experience as an EMT-P in an emergency room, with an ambulance/EMS service, occupational health clinic or other ambulatory care clinic
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification
- React well under pressure
- Knowledge and experience with Electronic Medical Records
- Knowledge of Internet software, Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software