Overnight Fitness Specialist - Full Time
We have an opening for a Full-time Overnight Fitness Specialist to work with our employer-based Fitness Center located in Lafayette, IN!
Premise Health is a leading worksite health and patient engagement company dedicated to improving the cost and quality of employee healthcare. We believe healthcare should be about helping people get, stay and be well. That’s our mission and it’s the foundation of everything we do. With more than 40 years of experience, Premise Health manages more than 500 worksite-based health and wellness centers across the country. The company serves more than 200 of the nation’s leading employers, including a significant number of the Fortune 1000.
Summary: This full-time Fitness Specialist will work our overnight shift for our employer-based fitness center. Hours are Monday 4am-9am then returning Monday at 11:30pm-9:00am Tuesday; Tuesday 11:30pm-8am Wednesday; Wednesday 11:30pm--8am Thursday; Thursday 11:30pm-8am Friday.
Join a dynamic team of professionals in providing challenging fitness programming and assisting people in our mission to get, stay and be well.
- Guide, motivate and provide tools to participants so they may increase physical activity and create lasting behavioral change.
- Develop one-on-one exercise prescriptions based on fitness assessment, health and fitness history and participant goals.
- Provide a memorable experience and excellent customer service to our participants and client partners.
- Assist with the creation and facilitation of fitness based incentive programs, promotional events, wellness activities and recreation offerings.
- Provide exercise leadership expertise according to the latest American College of Sports Medicine, Exercise Testing and Prescription guidelines.
- Conduct member recruitment activities, assist with member enrollment and lead new member orientations.
- Perform basic fitness center administrative duties such as working with and reporting from the membership database system, monitoring member retention program, tracking equipment maintenance and repairs, etc. .
- Circulate fitness floor and engage and assist members with their exercise programs.
- Provide routine facility monitoring including equipment checks and locker room rounds to ensure member safety.
- Teach multiple group exercise classes each week.
- May require other duties as assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Bachelor’s degree in exercise science or a closely related field is required
- Personal Training certification from nationally recognized, accredited organization (e.g. ACSM, NASM, NSCA etc.) is preferred
- Current certification in CPR/AED (hands on program required) and First Aid required
- Group Exercise Primary certification from nationally recognized organization (e.g. AFFA, ACE, IDEA) is preferred
- 1+ years of experience in the fitness industry (corporate fitness preferred)
- Experience in exercise prescription and ability to perform fitness assessments including: resting and exercising blood pressure and heart rate, body composition using skin fold calipers, muscular strength and endurance testing, sub maximal cardiovascular testing.
- Basic computer literacy skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills