Physical Therapist Manager
Healthcare Without Rival
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Physical Therapist Manager in our Employer Health Center located in McLean, VA. The schedule is Monday - Thursday 7:30a - 4:30p and Friday 7:30a - 4:00p.
Premise Health is the world's leading direct healthcare provider and one of the largest digital providers in the country, serving over 11 million eligible lives across more than 2,500 of the largest commercial and municipal employers in the U.S. Premise partners with its clients to offer fully connected care – in-person and in the digital environment. It operates more than 800 onsite and nearsite wellness centers in 45 states and Guam, delivering care through the Digital Wellness Center and onsite, nearsite, mobile, and event solutions.
Premise delivers value by simplifying complexity and breaking down barriers to give diverse member populations access to convenient, integrated, high-quality care. We offer more than 30 products, delivering the breadth and depth of care required to serve organizations' total populations. The result is healthcare that meets the needs of members and their families, helping them live healthier while lowering costs for organizations.
Premise offers a wide range of dynamic, purpose-driven career opportunities. We are currently looking for a Full Time Physical Therapist Manager to join our team in McLean, VA.
- Compiles input for the performance appraisal process for all staff members
- Manages staff typically composed of Chiropractors, Physical Therapists (PT), Physical Therapy Assistants (PTA), Occupational Therapists (OT), Occupational Therapy Assistants (COTA), Injury Prevention Specialist (IPS), Exercise Physiologists, Ergonomists, administrative and technical staff (staff may be exempt or nonexempt)
- Responsible for following appropriate processes for staff management including talent acquisition, staff development and performance management. Provides input to the Health Center Manager or Director of Site Operations for the final staffing decisions
- Responsible for interviewing, training and ensuring the successful orientation and onboarding of new colleagues
- Manages daily operations, workflow, work schedules, timecard monitoring etc. to ensure efficient and effective performance
- Interfaces with provider team to develop a plan of care for patients
- Interfaces with senior management team of the client regarding success of operation
- Maintains and provides data to support the success of the Musculoskeletal team to include providing monthly reporting
- Identifies process improvement opportunities and presents resolutions and recommendations to Health Center Manager, Manager of Site Operations or the Director of Site Operations
- Makes recommendation regarding staffing model based on objective scheduling & volume analysis – presents to Director of Client Operations for approval
- Understands and complies with all regulatory, procedural, policy and licensing requirements
- Completes occurrence reports as needed and handles the resolution of complaints
- Communicates and coordinates corporate messages and ensures implementation of policies and procedures are followed
- Coaches and provides feedback to staff on a regular basis
- Manages internal budget, reviews expenses, purchases supplies, inventories equipment, medication etc. where appropriate
- Assists in the identification and scheduling of local per diems
- Works collaboratively with the Health Center Manager, Director of Client Operations at the site to manage internal site issues
- Communicates regularly with staff, conducts meetings and keeps staff informed.
- May require other duties as assigned
- Degree from accredited Physical/Occupational Therapy/Chiropractic School o All state licenses/certifications to practice within scope (PT, OT, Chiro)
- Current board certificate (if applicable)
- Current hands-on training in AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for health care providers is required.
- Current hands-on training in AHA or ARC First Aid is required.
- At least 5-7 years experience as a Physical Therapist, Chiropractor, Occupational Therapist, Injury Prevention Specialist in an occupational health clinic or other ambulatory care clinic
- At least 2-3 years management experience, strongly preferred
- Experience in Occupational Health and Safety; Knowledge of current OSHA regulations preferred
- Experience in Ergonomics preferred
Premise Health is an equal opportunity employer; we value inclusion, and we do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
To support Premise Health’s commitment to the safety, health and wellbeing of our team members, clients and patients, Premise Health encourages all new team members to be fully vaccinated and up to date with a COVID-19 vaccine. Where applicable state or local laws or a client require, individuals who are offered and accept a position with Premise Health will be required to provide proof of vaccination in the form of a CDC vaccination card as part of the pre-employment onboarding process. *
*Except where a reasonable medical or religious accommodation can be granted.