Nurse Practitioner (NP)
Healthcare Without Rival
Premise offers a wide range of dynamic, purpose-driven career opportunities. We are currently looking for a PRN Nurse Practitioner (NP) to join our team in Raleigh & Wilson, North Carolina.
About the role:
PRN Nurse Practitioner (NP) to cover day shifts as needed at our health centers located in Raleigh and Wilson, NC. We offer primary care, both chronic disease management and acute care, full lab services, immunizations and vaccines. We require a North Carolina Dispensing License. NO weekend! NO Nights! NO On-call!
The nurse practitioner (NP) uses clinical judgments in conducting health assessments making differential diagnosis and prescribing pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatments. Plans are implemented through independent action, health counseling, and collaboration with other members of the health team. The NP is responsible for clinical oversight and health center consultation regarding administration of health care policy and procedure of the delivery of on-site health services. The NP promotes optimum health, prevents illness and injury, and manages acute and chronic health problems in the on-site setting.
Performs physical examinations and preventive health measures within prescribed guidelines and instructions of Physician.
Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patients’ clinical problems and health care needs.
Records physical findings, and formulates plan and prognosis, based on patient’s condition. Provides written home-going instructions.
Collaborates with Physician and other health professionals to prepare comprehensive patient care plan as necessary.
Prescribes or recommends medications or other forms of treatment such as physical therapy, inhalation therapy, or related therapeutic procedures.
Refers patients to Physician for consultation or to specialized health resources for treatment.
Maintains medical records using (In some health centers it may be using Electronic Medical Record software).
Educates and coaches nursing staff on best nursing practices.
May require other duties as assigned.
- All RN licenses/certificates to practice
- All nurse practitioner licenses/certificates to practice
- State Prescriptive Authority (if applicable)
- Federal DEA license (matching each state of practice as applicable)
- State Narcotic/Controlled Substance license if required in your state (Alabama, Connecticut, DC, Delaware, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Utah, Wyoming, Puerto Rico) (New York ROPES registration)
- Current national certification (ANCC or AANP required)
- Master Degree in Science of Nursing (if Master Degree in Science certificate does not state Nursing on it then a copy of transcripts is required)
- CPR (BLS for the Healthcare Provider/Professional Rescuer or ACLS-the copy must include the front and back of card as applicable) Certification must include “hands on” evaluation of skills by the trainer/instructor. Total on-line courses will not be accepted. Course must also meet the American Heart Association (AHA) standards but need not be an AHA certificate.
- At least three years of clinical experience as a Nurse Practitioner in an ambulatory care, occupational health, family practice or emergency department setting.
Premise Health is an equal opportunity employer; we value inclusion, and we do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
To support Premise Health’s commitment to the safety, health and wellbeing of our team members, clients and patients, we are requiring all new team members to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine*, except where a reasonable medical or religious accommodation can be granted. Should you be offered and accept a position with Premise Health, you will be required to provide your proof of vaccination in the form of your CDC vaccination card as part of the pre-employment onboarding process.
*As permitted by applicable law.