Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA)
Healthcare Without Rival
$1,500 Sign-on Bonus!
Premise Health is the world's leading direct healthcare provider and one of the largest digital providers in the country, serving over 11 million eligible lives across more than 2,500 of the largest commercial and municipal employers in the U.S. Premise partners with its clients to offer fully connected care – in-person and in the digital environment. It operates more than 800 onsite and nearsite wellness centers in 45 states and Guam, delivering care through the Digital Wellness Center and onsite, nearsite, mobile, and event solutions.
Premise delivers value by simplifying complexity and breaking down barriers to give diverse member populations access to convenient, integrated, high-quality care. We offer more than 30 products, delivering the breadth and depth of care required to serve organizations' total populations. The result is healthcare that meets the needs of members and their families, helping them live healthier while lowering costs for organizations.
Premise offers a wide range of dynamic, purpose-driven career opportunities. We are currently looking for a Full Time Physical Therapist Assistant to join our team in Hillsboro, OR.
Great schedule offering work/life balance. Hours will be Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm. No weekends! Position is also eligible to receive a $1,500 sign-on bonus!
- Administers active and passive manual therapeutic exercises, therapeutic massage, and heat, light, sound, water, and electrical modality treatments such as ultrasound, electrical stimulation, ultraviolet, infrared, and hot and cold packs.
- Administers traction to relieve neck and back pain.
- Instructs, motivates, and assists patients to learn and improve functional activities such as perambulation, transfer, ambulation, and daily living activities.
- Observes patients during treatments and compiles and evaluates data on patients' responses to treatments and progress and reports orally or in writing to Physical Therapist.
- Fits patients for, adjusts, and trains patients in use and care of orthopedic braces, prostheses, and supportive devices such as crutches, canes, walkers, and wheelchairs.
- Confers with members of physical therapy staff and other health team members, individually and in conference, to exchange, discuss, and evaluate patient information for planning, modifying, and coordinating treatment programs.
- Performs clerical duties such as taking inventory, ordering supplies, answering telephone, taking messages, and filling out forms.
- Measures patient's range-of-joint motion, length and girth of body parts, and vital signs to determine effects of specific treatments or to assist Physical Therapist to compile data for patient evaluations.
- May require other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree from an approved/accredited Physical Therapy Assistant program.
- Certified or Licensed as a Physical Therapy Assistant if applicable in practicing State.
- Current Certification in AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for medical provider is required, Advanced Cardiac Life Support may also be required based on contract scope of services
- At least two years’ experience as a Physical Therapy Assistant in an outpatient orthopedic, occupational health, or other ambulatory care clinic.
- Experience in an occupational health clinic preferred.
Premise Health is an equal opportunity employer; we value inclusion, and we do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
To support Premise Health’s commitment to the safety, health and wellbeing of our team members, clients and patients, Premise Health encourages all new team members to be fully vaccinated and up to date with a COVID-19 vaccine. Where applicable state or local laws or a client require, individuals who are offered and accept a position with Premise Health will be required to provide proof of vaccination in the form of a CDC vaccination card as part of the pre-employment onboarding process. **Except where a reasonable medical or religious accommodation can be granted.