Healthcare Data Analyst - Remote
Welcome to the new standard of healthcare!
Premise Health is the world’s leading healthcare access provider. We deliver purpose-driven career experiences in a culture-centric work environment—ensuring that employees at the nation's best companies get, stay, and be well. In a changing healthcare environment, we know there's a better way for organizations to help their people live healthier lives by delivering the right care at the right time, right where they work. Partnered with visionary organizations around the globe, we offer a broad range of healthcare services and deliver an effortless patient experience that raises the bar, lowers costs, and redefines the meaning of quality care. By shifting the conversation from cost to return and from treatment to prevention, we are committed to help people, their families, and the organizations they work for be at their best.
We are looking for a Healthcare Data Analyst to work at our Corporate office in Brentwood, TN! If you possess a “whatever it takes attitude” keep reading.
It’s hard to pinpoint a “typical” day here (and who wants typical anyway?), but as the Healthcare Data Analyst, you’ll be an integral part of a new and innovative team charged with developing and executing a variety of new strategies related to Connected Care+, Premise’s approach to population health. You will build the analytical foundation of this effort, which will ultimately be scaled across the enterprise. In this highly visible and entrepreneurial position, you will work cross-functionally throughout Premise Health to get things done. Other functions you’ll interact with include sales, strategy, operations, clinical, finance, and more. You will also work directly with strategic vendor partners and play a significant role managing those relationships.
What You’ll Do for Us:
This individual will work with a variety of leadership roles within the organization. Primary responsibilities include 1) developing new ways for our clinical and client teams to track and report on the overall performance of Premise’s Connected Care+ strategy and 2) leveraging a variety of analytical tools not only to identify new opportunities to reduce healthcare costs and improve quality of care, but also to translate those findings into actions that empower clinical provider teams and drive a greater impact on our member populations. You will generate analyses and presentations to support conversations with internal and external stakeholder as well as perform original research, propose new approaches to problems, and contribute to an innovative team.
The role is a perfect fit for someone who a) excels at translating raw data into compelling stories meant to spur action, b) has experience working with data and analytical tools, c) is not afraid to learn new tools and approaches, d) can build relationships across a large organization, and e) is excited about being part of a close-knit team redefining the way primary care is delivered. The ideal candidate will be comfortable providing structure to ambiguity and have a passion for healthcare, data analytics, financial modeling, product development, and business strategy.
- Leads organization-wide benchmarking and analysis of claims data
- Drives toward integration of disparate data sources, with an eye toward a single unified patient record
- Works to develop automated capabilities wherever possible
- Establishes new methods of calculating member attribution and savings
- Evaluates outcomes to identify which cohorts of members Premise has the greatest impact on and why
- Demonstrates value of Connected Care+ to clients to facilitate client adoption and transition to risk-based and shared-savings pricing models
- Manages tracking overall performance and driving success for Connected Care+ strategy within Premise Health
- Defines metrics which determine performance for overall strategy and individual interventions within the strategy
- Develops changes to clinical and operational workflow based on analytics
- Synthesizes findings and implications into recommendations for the Connected Care+ team that are understandable by various functions and teams, including senior executives
- Pitches in with pricing analysis and financial modeling as necessary
- Utilizes available tools to segment members into actionable groups and share that output with appropriate parties
- Determines whether outreach and interventions for member segments is improving quality and lowering cost, and how to further drive outcomes
- May require other duties as needed
- Bachelor's Degree (required), ideally in a quantitative field such as statistics, mathematics, engineering, computer science, finance, or economics
- Graduate Degree (preferred, not required, MS in quantitative field or MBA)
- 2-3 years of experience in analytical role involving:
- Developing and presenting analyses and recommendations to stakeholders
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of an organization
- Prior experience in healthcare, data analytics, and/or management consulting strongly preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
- Entrepreneurial spirit with ability to thrive in a large organization
- Excellent problem-solving skills and demonstrated analytical abilities
- The ability to work both independently and within teams
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, with excellent presentation skills, confident in all settings with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Experience with data cleansing and manipulation
- Comfort with learning new skills and analytical tools
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Excel required (for example: using lookup functions and/or creating a pivot table)
- Advanced level skill translating concepts into compelling visuals and Microsoft PowerPoint slides
- Familiarity with relational databases a plus (e.g., Power BI, SQL)
- Familiarity with analytics software a plus (e.g., R, Python)
- Familiarity with data visualization tools a plus (e.g., Qlik, Tableau)
What We’ll Do for You:
At Premise Health, you’re not an employee – you’re a team member. We have health centers, pharmacies, fitness centers and offices scattered across the country, but we’re all working together to deliver exemplary and delightful service to our clients, their employees and family members. We’re proud of the culture we’ve built, and we aim to assist our team members in living their best life – in and out of the workplace. That’s why you’ll find us taking a yoga class together or starting a book club. We know that we can only help people get, stay, and be well if we do the same for ourselves. We’re also not afraid to share what we’re up to – check out some of our smiling faces.
As an employer, we want to compensate you for the work you do with more than a paycheck (although you’ll get one of those too). Premise Health offers competitive benefits packages including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), paid holidays and vacation time, and a company-sponsored wellness program. We are an equal opportunity employer of nice people and value inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To support Premise Health’s commitment to the safety, health and wellbeing of our team members, clients and patients, we are requiring all new team members to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine*, except where a reasonable medical or religious accommodation can be granted. Should you be offered and accept a position with Premise Health, you will be required to provide your proof of vaccination in the form of your CDC vaccination card as part of the pre-employment onboarding process.
*As permitted by applicable law.