We have an opening for a Full-Time Medical Assistant with LMR experience to work at our employer health center located at the GE Appliance Park in Louisville, KY!
The clinic provides primary care services to the GE Appliances employees.
Schedule: Monday - Friday 7am - 5:00pm (No Weekends!)
Premise Health is a leading worksite health and patient engagement company dedicated to improving the cost and quality of employee healthcare. We believe healthcare should be about helping people get, stay and be well. That’s our mission and it’s the foundation of everything we do. With more than 40 years of experience, Premise Health manages more than 500 worksite-based health and wellness centers across the country. The company serves more than 200 of the nation’s leading employers, including a significant number of the Fortune 1000.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height, and records information on patients' charts
- Prepares treatment rooms and patients for examination
- Cleans and sterilizes instruments
- Inventories and orders medical supplies and materials
- Operates electrocardiograph (EKG) and other equipment to administer routine diagnostic tests
- Gives injections or treatments and performs routine laboratory tests
- Schedules appointments and makes follow up phone calls to patients
- Performs administrative tasks, completes appropriate client company and OSHA regulated forms, and provides assistance at front desk
- Keys data into computer to maintain clinic and patient records
- Associate's degree or equivalent from an accredited Medical Assistant training program
- Current certification in AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for health care providers is required, Advanced Cardiac Life Support may also be required based on contract scope of services
- Certification or eligibility for certification as a Medical Assistant from the American Academy of Medical Assistants, the American Medical Technologist Organization, the National Center for Competency Testing or current registration with the American Registry of Medical Assistants preferred.
- Previous Medical Assistant experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Internet software, Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Strong phlebotomy/venipuncture skills
- Knowledge and experience with Electronic Medical Records preferred.
- This job operates in a clinic setting.
- These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, and stooping all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 20 pounds
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer.