Nurse Practitioner (NP)
We have an opening for a PRN (as needed) Nurse Practitioner (NP) to work with our Health Clinic located in Lebanon, OR!
Premise Health is a leading worksite health and patient engagement company dedicated to improving the cost and quality of employee healthcare. We believe healthcare should be about helping people get, stay and be well. That’s our mission and it’s the foundation of everything we do. With more than 40 years of experience, Premise Health manages more than 500 worksite-based health and wellness centers across the country. The company serves more than 200 of the nation’s leading employers, including a significant number of the Fortune 1000.
Summary: This PRN Nurse Practitioner will work with our employer Health Clinic in Lebanon on an as-needed basis to help cover extra shifts, sick leave and vacation.
- Performs physical examinations and preventive health measures within prescribed guidelines and instructions of Physician.
- Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patients’ clinical problems and health care needs.
- Records physical findings, and formulates plan and prognosis, based on patient’s condition. Provides written home-going instructions.
- Collaborates with Physician and other health professionals to prepare comprehensive patient care plan as necessary.
- Prescribes or recommends medications or other forms of treatment such as physical therapy, inhalation therapy, or related therapeutic procedures.
- Refers patients to Physician for consultation or to specialized health resources for treatment.
- Maintains medical records using (In some health centers it may be using Electronic Medical Record software).
- Educates and coaches nursing staff on best nursing practices.
- May require other duties as assigned.
If you want to join a team of knowledgeable, compassionate, like-minded healthcare professionals, join Premise Health for an unlimited opportunity with the company that is changing the face and the place of the healthcare industry as we know it.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Master's degree (MSN) required.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse and Nurse Practitioner in state of practice
- Nationally Certified as a Family or Adult Nurse Practitioner.
- Current Certification in AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for medical provider is required. Advanced Cardiac Life Support may also be required based on contract scope of services.
- Appropriate certification to write prescriptions under the authority of the Medical Leader, if allowed within state of practice.
- At least three years of clinical experience as a Nurse Practitioner in an ambulatory care, occupational health, family practice or emergency department setting.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of workplace health and safety concepts and OSHA regulations preferred.
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Internet software, Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Training skills a plus
- Demonstrated problem-solving and work flow management skills preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with Electronic Medical Records preferred.