Medical Office Receptionist
Healthcare Without Rival
Premise Health is the world's leading direct healthcare provider and one of the largest digital providers in the country, serving over 11 million eligible lives across more than 2,500 of the largest commercial and municipal employers in the U.S. Premise partners with its clients to offer fully connected care – in-person and in the digital environment. It operates more than 800 onsite and nearsite wellness centers in 45 states and Guam, delivering care through the Digital Wellness Center and onsite, nearsite, mobile, and event solutions.
Premise delivers value by simplifying complexity and breaking down barriers to give diverse member populations access to convenient, integrated, high-quality care. We offer more than 30 products, delivering the breadth and depth of care required to serve organizations' total populations. The result is healthcare that meets the needs of members and their families, helping them live healthier while lowering costs for organizations.
Premise offers a wide range of dynamic, purpose-driven career opportunities. We are currently looking for a Full-Time Medical Office Receptionist to join our team in Alpharetta, GA.
*** We are offering a $500 Sign On Bonus! ***
About the role: This is a full time position will support the front desk of our employer health center. Hours are Monday-Friday from 8am-4:30pm (closed for lunch from 1:30pm-2pm). The Receptionist will answer phones, check client members in and out of the health center, make follow up calls, and handle other administrative tasks. Ideally seeking candidates with previous experience working in a clinic (medical) setting and working knowledge of EPIC is highly preferred.
- Organizes and maintains a filing system for patient charts, including generating chart numbers, filing, and pulling charts.
- Answers telephone and either responds to inquiry, directs caller to appropriate personnel, or initiates a triage slip for response by medical personnel.
- Schedules appointments and enters appointment date and time into computerized scheduler.
- Conducts reminder calls to all patients.
- Greets and directs patients, salespeople, and visitors.
- Registers patients by verifying that patient's record is up to date and accurate. Makes appropriate changes in computer system and on patient's chart.
- Coordinates referrals for patients through insurance and other physician offices or specialists.
- Prepares all billings in computerized system for processing by finance.
- Collects payment from patients and reconciles daily cash reports.
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ability to identify and solve problems in a timely manner; gathering and analyzing information skillfully, developing alternate solutions.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; listening skills are essential while remaining open to other ideas and trying new things.
- Conducts self with professionalism and in a tactful manner, treating others with respect and consideration.
- Follows through on commitments.
- Strong customer service orientation, responding quickly and appropriately to customer needs, and managing difficult or emotional situations.
- Demonstrates ability to perform and maintain Annual Competencies.
- May require other duties as assigned.
- One year certificate from college or technical school with concentration in front office support for medical settings
- At least three years experience in an occupational health clinic or ambulatory care clinic or office.
- Front desk experience in a clinic/medical setting
- Working knowledge of EPIC
Work-life balance is at the foundation of how decisions are made and where Premise is headed. We can only help people get, stay, and be well if we do the same for ourselves. In addition to competitive pay, Premise offers benefits packages including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), paid holidays and vacation time, a company-sponsored wellness program, and much more our talent acquisition team will be happy to share with you.
Premise Health is an equal opportunity employer; we value inclusion, and we do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
To support Premise Health’s commitment to the safety, health and wellbeing of our team members, clients and patients, we are requiring all new team members to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine*, except where a reasonable medical or religious accommodation can be granted. Should you be offered and accept a position with Premise Health, you will be required to provide your proof of vaccination in the form of your CDC vaccination card as part of the pre-employment onboarding process.
*As permitted by applicable law.