Medical Assistant LMR (Limited Medical Radiology)
We have an opening for a Full-Time Medical Assistant with Limited Medical Radiologist Certification experience to work at our employer health center located at the GE Appliance Park in Louisville, KY!
*LMR Experience is a must*
Schedule: Monday - Friday 7am - 5:00pm (No Weekends!)
Premise Health is a leading worksite health and patient engagement company dedicated to improving the cost and quality of employee healthcare. We believe healthcare should be about helping people get, stay and be well. That’s our mission and it’s the foundation of everything we do. With more than 40 years of experience, Premise Health manages more than 500 worksite-based health and wellness centers across the country. The company serves more than 200 of the nation’s leading employers, including a significant number of the Fortune 1000.
Limited Medical Radiology:
Summary: Processes medical films, transports patients, and provides other routine assistance in the occupational and/or primary health clinic.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Assists with processing medical films and maintaining darkroom
• Reviews film for proper identification and quality check
• Prepares films for reading by physicians
• Prepares solutions for film processor
• Assists technologists with preparing solutions used in radiologic and other diagnostic imaging procedures
• Assists patients through radiologic diagnostic procedures
• Conducts radiologic diagnostic procedures Files films and records
• Receives and stores incoming supplies
• Counts stock and maintains inventory records
• Processes records of radiologic procedures performed
• Documentation of state license/registration (e.g. copy of actual license, verification of license, or email including license number) (if applicable)
• American Registry of Radiologic Technologist Certificate (if applicable)
• CPR (BLS for community/lay responder or Healthcare Provider/Professional Rescuer - the copy must include the front and back of card as applicable) Certification must include “hands on” evaluation of skills by the trainer/instructor. Total on-line courses will not be accepted. Course must also meet the American Heart Association (AHA) standards but need not be an AHA certificate.
• One year of clinical experience as a LMR in an ambulatory care, occupational health, primary care or emergency department setting
Knowledge and Skills:
• Demonstrated skill with Microsoft Office Suite and web-based program.
• Must be proficient with Digital X-Rays and be comfortable assisting front desk staff when needed.
Summary: Assists in examination, treatment, and assistance of patients under direction of Physician, Advanced Practitioner and/ or RN in compliance with state practice acts and regulations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Interviews patients, measures vital signs, such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height, and records information on patients' charts.
• Provides patients' personal hygiene, assisting with travel to the bathroom/toileting, and activities of daily living.
• Prepares treatment rooms and patients for examination
• Cleans and sterilizes instruments.
• Inventories and orders medical supplies and materials.
• Operates electrocardiograph (EKG) and other equipment to administer routine diagnostic tests.
• Performs routine CLIA waived laboratory tests/collects specimens for routine laboratory tests.
• Schedules appointments and makes follow up phone calls to patients.
• Performs administrative tasks, completes appropriate client company and OSHA regulated forms, and provides assistance at front desk.
• Keys data into computer to maintain clinic and patient records.
• Other duties may be assigned.
• CPR (BLS for the Healthcare Provider/Professional Rescuer - the copy must include the front and back of card as applicable) Certification must include “hands on” evaluation of skills by the trainer/instructor. Total on-line courses will not be accepted. Course must also meet the American Heart Association (AHA) standards but need not be an AHA certificate.
• Associate’s degree or equivalent from an accredited Medical Assistant or Nursing Assistant Program training program (preferred).
• One years of relevant work experience in health center/ doctor’s office setting patient and/or long term care.
• Knowledge and experience with Electronic Medical Records (preferred).
Knowledge and Skills:
• Knowledge of Internet software, Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software
If you want to join a team of knowledgeable, compassionate, like-minded healthcare professionals, join Premise Health for an unlimited opportunity with the company that is changing the face and the place of the healthcare industry as we know it.
We are an equal opportunity employer.