Vice President of Digital Health Operations - Remote
Healthcare Without Rival
Premise Health is the world's leading direct healthcare provider and one of the largest digital providers in the country, serving over 11 million eligible lives across more than 2,500 of the largest commercial and municipal employers in the U.S. Premise partners with its clients to offer fully connected care – in-person and in the digital environment. It operates more than 800 onsite and nearsite wellness centers in 45 states and Guam, delivering care through the Digital Wellness Center and onsite, nearsite, mobile, and event solutions.
Premise delivers value by simplifying complexity and breaking down barriers to give diverse member populations access to convenient, integrated, high-quality care. We offer more than 30 products, delivering the breadth and depth of care required to serve organizations' total populations. The result is healthcare that meets the needs of members and their families, helping them live healthier while lowering costs for organizations.
Premise offers a wide range of dynamic, purpose-driven career opportunities. We are currently looking for a Vice President of Digital Wellness Center to join our team in the remotely.
About the role: The Vice President, Digital Wellness Center (DWC) is responsible for the operational leadership and oversight, performance outcomes, member care, and client experience for the DWC. Responsible for planning and directing activities to align with overall DWC operations in order to maintain operational efficiency and service excellence. The Vice President reports directly to the Executive Vice President, Operation, and is partnered with the Medical Director, Virtual Primary Care (VPC), and other members of the management team to collaboratively operate, scale, and evolve the DWC. The VP aligns DWC team of providers, nurses, ancillary and other team members to company goals, targets and timelines, ensuring performance commitments and results are achieved.
- Serves as a valued and trusted member of the leadership team and assumes duties and responsibilities of the organization commensurate with such a position.
- Maintains a strategic focus on clinical outcomes, digital engagement, Net Promoter Score, and outcomes related to value-based care (care management, care navigation).
- Identifies processes to improve overall performance of digital wellness center, defines measurements of performance standards to integrate corporate strategies, develops partnerships across the enterprise to achieve results.
- Demonstrates strong business acumen and knowledge of staffing, capacity, ROI, budget, margins, service and product offerings, to implement, drive and support strategic and relevant operational outcomes.
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively manage complex and multiple lines of service.
- Demonstrates the ability to partner with Operations (client management) on the service to clients including reporting, occurrence remediation, and ROI.
- Business partner for sales process.
- Helps formulate and maintain appropriate architecture of Premise Health’s DWC program in conjunction with IT, Enterprise Product, Operations, and other divisions of the company.
- Collaborates with other stakeholders to develop strategies, policies, and guidelines to correct, improve, or create innovative approaches to servicing the requirements of the client/account. All policies and guidelines must be in alignment with applicable Premise Health governance body (e.g. IT, Medical Operations, Human Resources).
- Leads, motivates, trains and inspires effective people/performance management in a digital/virtual environment utilizing multi-channel communication strategies. Coaches team to drive results.
- Responds to quality and service issues and provides intervention and guidance when critical issues arise. Reviews the incident/occurrence reporting process and identify trends regarding risk management and mitigation, quality and compliance issues.
- Identifies trends and patterns via analysis of data; recommends resolution and provides perspective (the why’s) in collaboration with Medical Director.
- Accountable for decisions regarding the hiring of physicians, providers, and support staff to ensure quality and fit of candidates.
- Performs annual evaluations of DWC leaders with input from key stakeholders.
- Supports, leads, and models the vision, mission, and values of the company.
- May require other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree; master’s degree preferred (or equivalent work experience with significant healthcare and digital/virtual care operations focus)
- 15+ years’ experience in a healthcare delivery environment, physician practice management, virtual care access/delivery, and digital/virtual operations
- Demonstrated experience with and leading virtual primary care/virtual operations including patient and provider experience within provider/physician practice
- Experience in a healthcare clinical operations
- Demonstrated experience building and leading scaled centralized care delivery and/or call center experience
- Significant experience and expertise in operating, scaling, and evolving digital/virtual healthcare delivery
- Experience directing teams providing care management and care navigation services
- Experience leading member experience services such as virtual concierge and call center
- Knowledge of innovative models in healthcare delivery and more specifically the digital/virtual care delivery landscape.
- Innovative drive to achieve business goals and objectives.
- Collaborative abilities to build partnerships with other divisions of the company to achieve operational scale, service line integration, clinical outcomes, including (but not limited to) product owners, operations and medical operations leaders.
- Ability to recruit and retain physicians and allied-health professionals.
- Proven Service Excellence mindset that values stakeholder engagement and multidisciplinary collaboration.
- Knowledge and experience with client management, health and wellness center practice administration, and centralized support systems operations.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a broad range of responsibilities and communicate effectively across multiple functional areas
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience managing virtual staff
- Excellent communication, facilitation and presentation skills
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
- Excellent people management, strategy and execution skills
- Strong strategic thinking and leadership skills
- Extensive knowledge of the healthcare industry, operations and delivery
- Demonstrated knowledge of regulatory environment relative to onsite operations. Knowledge of current industry and legal issues
Work-life balance is at the foundation of how decisions are made and where Premise is headed. We can only help people get, stay, and be well if we do the same for ourselves. In addition to competitive pay, Premise offers benefits packages including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), paid holidays and vacation time, a company-sponsored wellness program, and much more our talent acquisition team will be happy to share with you.
Premise Health is an equal opportunity employer; we value inclusion, and we do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Compensation is between $195,000 to $215,000 annually. Premise offers a comprehensive benefits package to all full-time team members including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, annual CEU/CME allowance, and Tuition Reimbursement. Benefits offered to part-time team members include 401K, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays and annual CEU/CME allowance. PRN team members may also enroll in 401K.
To support Premise Health’s commitment to the safety, health and wellbeing of our team members, clients and patients, Premise Health encourages all new team members to be fully vaccinated and up to date with a COVID-19 vaccine. Where applicable state or local laws or a client require, individuals who are offered and accept a position with Premise Health will be required to provide proof of vaccination in the form of a CDC vaccination card as part of the pre-employment onboarding process.
*Except where a reasonable medical or religious accommodation can be granted.