Proposal Writer - Remote
Healthcare Without Rival
Premise Health is the world's leading direct healthcare provider and one of the largest digital providers in the country, serving over 11 million eligible lives across more than 2,500 of the largest commercial and municipal employers in the U.S. Premise partners with its clients to offer fully connected care – in-person and in the digital environment. It operates more than 800 onsite and nearsite wellness centers in 45 states and Guam, delivering care through the Digital Wellness Center and onsite, nearsite, mobile, and event solutions.
Premise delivers value by simplifying complexity and breaking down barriers to give diverse member populations access to convenient, integrated, high-quality care. We offer more than 30 products, delivering the breadth and depth of care required to serve organizations' total populations. The result is healthcare that meets the needs of members and their families, helping them live healthier while lowering costs for organizations.
Premise offers a wide range of dynamic, purpose-driven career opportunities. We are currently looking for a Proposal Writer to join our team remotely.
About the role:
As the Proposal Writer you will support the organization’s overall growth objectives through comprehensive written responses to information and proposal requests. Through their ability to manage the proposal process, as well as craft appropriate and aligned responses by leveraging a multitude of resources, Proposal Leads support new client acquisition, growth of existing client relationships, and retention of existing client relationships.
Proposal Leads play an important role in supporting the organization’s ability to provide timely, professional responses for external stakeholders. This role is instrumental in supporting Sales and Operations teams in delivering consistent, well-articulated, and strategic responses that support Premise Health’s brand message while increasing the likelihood of being awarded new opportunities.
Proposal Leads coordinate and drive the response development and review processes across multiple teams. Proposal Leads serve as Premise Health’s in-house experts in creating and assembling top tier responses that align with the vision of internal stakeholders, organizational business strategies, and the requestor’s needs and requirements.
In this role, Proposal Leads will lead the proposal process through assisting in bid strategy creating, maintaining deadline and process schedules, organizing and leveraging cross-functional resources, writing content, and coordinating inputs and reviews. Owning response development and finalization from start to finish, Proposal Leads are also responsible for understanding the competitive risk associated with delivering responses in a highly regulated and competitive industry, adhering to internal and external compliance requirements and managing that risk throughout the response strategy development.
Proposal Leads are required to maintain in-depth knowledge of Premise Health’s products, strategies, services, and messaging, as well as a broad understanding of the organization’s competitive landscape. This knowledge is critical in crafting effective, accurate content and responses to external information requests such as Request for Proposals (RFPs) and Request for Information (RFIs).
Proposal Leads use standard content as well as compose tailored content to communicate in clear, concise, and compelling language that differentiates Premise Health as an industry leader. Working closely alongside Sales, Operations, and Corporate Development teams throughout the creation and approval process, Proposal Leads are ultimately responsible for on-time response delivery to the requestor and for maintaining responses and content within Premise Health’s proposal management system.
To support the ongoing internal assessment of opportunities and process effectiveness, Proposal Leads are responsible for overseeing the external response request pipeline, which includes managing, tracking, and reporting on current and expected requests. They also drive and maintain the continual assessment and development of best practices, applicable system administration and evaluation, and ongoing process continuous improvement.
As part of the broader business development function, Proposal Leads may also have opportunities to be involved in additional projects to support broader function and organizational needs.
- Leads RFP/RFI response-related activities from inception to completion, including intake, management, status tracking, delivery, and reporting
- Develops and executes full proposal plan:
- Establishes timeline, roles and responsibilities, due dates, and workflows
- Provides collaborative strategic response guidance
- Identifies and coordinates with appropriate internal resources across multiple business segments for accurate and up-to-date response development
- When existing responses don’t exist, skillfully creates aligned and relevant response content
- Assists in optimizing response messaging
- Facilitates compliance reviews across various teams
- Coordinates, obtains, and tracks approved references
- Drives accountability through all coordinated parties
- Delivers final documents and supplemental materials within request scope
- Completes full-cycle information and proposal request process on time and error-free
- Conducts accurate and timely follow-up in support of finalist opportunities
- Populates, updates, maintains, and evaluates the proposal management database
- Completes regular internal communications and reporting updates, including:
- Proposal management system content and updates
- Client references
- Status reporting
- Content request trends
- Wins and losses
- Supports organizational growth and branding opportunities
- Identifies and supports market alignment activities
- Participates in ongoing internal educational and training sessions
- Proactively reviews organizational communications for ongoing content alignment
- Miscellaneous administrative duties in relation to providing and maintaining responses
- Minimal travel on an as-needed basis
- Bachelor’s Degree in Professional Writing, Journalism, Communications, English, Marketing, Business Administration, or related field
- APMP or professional proposal designation preferred
- Strong organizational, process management, problem solving, and writing skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- The ability to work effectively independently and with a collaborative team
- Minimum of 3 years of experience leading proposal strategies, processes, and development (healthcare industry experience a plus)
- Track record of on time, error-free response delivery
- Ability to collaborate with both internal and external resources to develop strategies that meet defined goals within established timelines
- Possess a high degree of customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with individuals at all levels of an organization
- Strong time management skills
- Experience prioritizing and organizing tasks while tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates
- Experience with proposal management software and development tools
Knowledge and Skills:
- Advanced skill in Microsoft Word
- Competent in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel or equivalent programs
- Proficient in navigating online platforms, such as customer bid platforms or online submission sites
- Competent in navigating and leveraging content management software, such as RocketDocs, RFP 360 or similar programs
Work-life balance is at the foundation of how decisions are made and where Premise is headed. We can only help people get, stay, and be well if we do the same for ourselves. In addition to competitive pay, Premise offers benefits packages including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), paid holidays and vacation time, a company-sponsored wellness program, and much more our talent acquisition team will be happy to share with you.
Premise Health is an equal opportunity employer; we value inclusion, and we do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
To support Premise Health’s commitment to the safety, health and wellbeing of our team members, clients and patients, Premise Health encourages all new team members to be fully vaccinated and up to date with a COVID-19 vaccine. Where applicable state or local laws or a client require, individuals who are offered and accept a position with Premise Health will be required to provide proof of vaccination in the form of a CDC vaccination card as part of the pre-employment onboarding process. *
*Except where a reasonable medical or religious accommodation can be granted.