Primary Care Medical Director
Premise Health is seeking a full time Medical Director to provide primary care to patients ages 2 and older, along with clinical leadership with our direct care clinic in Gainesville, GA
What makes this opportunity unique:
- Practice evidence based medicine where you are not paid for production
- Bottom line is measured by the quality of patient care
- A work life balance that is not just promised
- A collaborative approach with a focus on each individual patient
- Practice in a supportive, collaborative environment
- Less paperwork and administration time
- Ability to tap into a national clinical information infrastructure
- Conducts histories, physical exams and prescribes medical treatment.
- Provides a spectrum of high-quality, person-focused, and often comprehensive health care services that may include episodic, preventive, occupational and/or primary health care to patients depending on the needs of the client.
- Oversees the site(s) clinical practices and procedures.
- Participates in the development of annual health center goals and objectives.
- Drives outcomes for site across clinical programs Participate in the development of policies and guidelines (clinical and administrative) to correct and improve service to the client/account.
- May meet with prospective physician and provider candidates to support assessment of clinical quality and cultural fit. May be requested to teach/train precepts and provide mentoring to site physicians and staff providers
- Partners with DCO and operations team members to drive member engagement and increased utilization.
- Demonstrates clinical subject matter expertise appropriate to the services rendered at the health center.
- May serve as collaborative physician for advanced practice providers.
- Other duties as assigned to support the safe and effective operation and function of the heath center(s), business, and to ensure that services meet standards of high-quality, cost-effective care.
- Licensed to practice medicine in each state of practice/oversite
- Federal DEA license (matching each state of practice/oversite)
- Must be Bilingual in Spanish
- State Narcotic/Controlled Substance license if required in your state
- Current board certificate (ABMS, AMA or AOA) or board eligibility must sit for boards with 1 year of hire
- CPR (BLS for the Healthcare Provider/Professional Rescuer or ACLS-the copy must include the front and back of card as applicable) Certification must include “hands on” evaluation of skills by the trainer/instructor. Total on-line courses will not be accepted. Course must also meet the American Heart Association (AHA) standards but need not be an AHA certificate.
- 3 – 5 years minimum in family practice, emergency room, ambulatory care, or occupational health settings
- Minimum 3 years management/leadership experience within the healthcare industry may be preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills, confident in all settings with individuals at all levels of the organization, both internal and external
- Knowledge and experience with electronic medical records strongly preferred.