Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
Healthcare Without Rival
Premise Health Company, is the world's leading direct healthcare provider and one of the largest digital providers in the country, serving over 11 million eligible lives across more than 2,500 of the largest commercial and municipal employers in the U.S. CareHere, a Premise Health Company, partners with its clients to offer fully connected care – in-person and in the digital environment. It operates more than 800 onsite and nearsite wellness centers in 45 states and Guam, delivering care through the Digital Wellness Center and onsite, nearsite, mobile, and event solutions
Premise Health Company, delivers value by simplifying complexity and breaking down barriers to give diverse member populations access to convenient, integrated, high-quality care. We offer more than 30 products, delivering the breadth and depth of care required to serve organizations' total populations. The result is healthcare that meets the needs of members and their families, helping them live healthier while lowering costs for organizations.
Premise Health offers a wide range of dynamic, purpose-driven career opportunities. We are currently looking for a Full-Time EMT to join our team in Huntsville, AL.
About the role: The EMT will be responsible for providing emergency in a production workforce environment and administrative duties during downtime. The schedule is Day shift 6a-6p. 3 and 1/2 days per week. Varying days - Full-Time
- Assesses nature and extent of illness or injury to establish and prioritize medical procedures to be followed, or need for additional assistance
- Restores and stabilizes heart rhythm on pulseless, nonbreathing patient
- Monitors cardiac patient
- Administers initial treatment at emergency scene and takes and records patient's vital signs
- Observes, records, and reports to physician patient's condition, treatments, and significant incidents
- Assists in extricating trapped victims and transports sick and injured persons to treatment center
- Communicates with physician, and other medical personnel in person and by radio-telephone
- Keeps current on treatment techniques, protocol changes, material, and equipment.
- Prepares required reports and maintains records of activities
- May drive mobile unit to and from emergency scene
- Cleans assigned emergency vehicle
- Requisitions and restocks supplies, material, and equipment
- Conducts safety inspections and restocking of first aid supplies as directed.
- Completion with passing grades from an accredited Emergency Medical Technician program, EMT Certification as defined within the state in which contract exists
- Current certification in health care provider ARC or AHA Basic Life Support require
- At least one year experience as an EMT in an emergency room, with an ambulance/EMS service, occupational health clinic or other ambulatory care clinic
Work-life balance is at the foundation of how decisions are made and where Premise Health is headed. We can only help people get, stay, and be well if we do the same for ourselves. In addition to competitive pay, CareHere, a Premise Health Company, offers benefits packages including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), paid holidays and vacation time, a company-sponsored wellness program, and much more our talent acquisition team will be happy to share with you.
Premise Health is an equal opportunity employer; we value inclusion, and we do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
To support Premise Health commitment to the safety, health and wellbeing of our team members, clients and patients, we are requiring all new team members to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine*, except where a reasonable medical or religious accommodation can be granted. Should you be offered and accept a position with CareHere, a Premise Health Company, you will be required to provide your proof of vaccination in the form of your CDC vaccination card as part of the pre-employment onboarding process.
*As permitted by applicable law.